Super Easy Vegan and Gluten Free Strawberry Sheet Cake
Gather all your ingredients.
Apple cider vinegar
Plant based milk
Gluten flour - Xanthan Gum, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda
Combine all the wet ingredients into a bowl – including the strawberries and water which you want to heat on a hob until it purees into a liquid. [Leave a tbsp of the sauce aside to use for the buttercream]
– Pour and mix this into the wet mix and set aside.
– Combine all the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix until combined.
– Then pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated and making sure not to over mix it.
– Transfer to your prepared cake tin and bake at 180° for 25-30mins or until springy to the touch.
– As the cake cools make the vegan buttercream
Gather your ingredients swipe up for the measurements
Cream together the Vegan butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy.
– Once the cake has cooled dollop the buttercream on top of the cake and randomly spoon the remaining strawberry sauce onto the buttercream.
– Then with the end of your palette knife/spatula swirl the 2 together until it has covered the cake.
– Slice up some strawberries and place them decoratively on top of the cake with a couple of raspberries. Voila!
– Slice and Enjoy!.
Swipe up for the full recipe