These vegan white chocolate brownies are just like fudge. They’re golden in color with a traditional crackly brownie top but chewy and sweet just like fudge.
These in my opinion are the best vegan chocolate brownies, they tick all the boxes for a sweet snack/dessert and it’s so simple to make!
These white chocolate vegan brownies require just 6 ingredients and come together in just 20 minutes!
I’ll also be answering your must FAQ’s questions like, “how long can you keep blondies” , “how much chocolate in white chocolate brownies” , “can you make blondies with oil instead of butter”
Expert Baking Tips for making these dairy free white chocolate brownies
Although this recipe for white chocolate blondies is super easy, here are just a few expert tips i’d recommend:
- Make sure your sugar has completely dissolved before removing it from the heat as this will create that crackly top when the brownies are baked.
- I used caster sugar for these brownies which is just a very refined sugar. If you can’t get a hold of any, then another refined sugar will work well here.
- Grease your tin with vegan butter and then line with parchment paper so you can easily remove the brownies from the tin when baked.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
What are in blondies – The Ingredients:
Here’s everything I used to make these blondies with white chocolate chips :
- Caster Sugar – This is just a very refined sugar if you can’t find it refined granulated sugar will work well here too.
- Xanthan gum – This will prevent the brownies from crumbling and act as a stabilizer.
- Vegan butter – this can be block butter or spreadable butter.
- Gluten free self raising flour – If you didn’t want to make these gluten free simply substitute this for normal self raising flour. There’s no need to add xanthan gum if you’re not making these gluten free.
- Plant based milk – I used oat milk for this recipe, but almond or soya milk will also work well here.
Non Vegan alternative.
If you didn’t want to make this white chocolate brownie blondie recipe vegan simply substitute the vegan butter for regular block butter or margarine and the plant based milk for normal whole milk
Recipe for white chocolate brownies
Blondies with chocolate chips – Step by step instructions
- Place the butter and chocolate in a pan over a low/medium heat. Stir until melted.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the milk and sugar, stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the dry ingredients .
- Pour into your prepared cake tin and sprinkle on chopped white chocolate. Bake for 15-20 mins until slightly firm and golden brown. Then slice and enjoy!
Which flour for blondies – plain or self-raising ?
The answer for brownes is always plain flour, as self-raising flour will cause the brownies to rise leading to a cakey texture rather than fudgey.
Can you make blondies with oil instead of butter ?
Oil will create a more fudgy brownie, and when substituting it into the recipe, add the oil when the pan is off the heat – just before adding the flour.
[The quantity of oil should be the same as the butter]
How much chocolate in white chocolate brownies ?
I found 100g of white chocolate shared between the batter and chopped across of the brownies was enough to bring out the white chocolate flavor.
Storing and freezing
How long can you keep blondies ?
Vegan brownies last up to 3 days at room temperature if covered in an airtight container or up to a week in the fridge. Freeze for up to 3 months
Let me know if you followed these vegan white chocolate brownies
Recipe for white chocolate brownies
- Rectangle/Loaf Tin
- 100 g Vegan butter
- 220 g Caster sugar or refined granulated sugar
- 100 g Plant based milk
- 200 g Gluten Free flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 150 g Vegan white chocolate (50g from the top)
- Preheat oven to 180°/ 350°F/Gas mark 4. Grease an 8inch rectangular cake tin and line with greaseproof/parchment paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a pan over a low/medium heat. Stir until melted.100 g Vegan butter, 150 g Vegan white chocolate
- Remove the pan from heat and add the milk and sugar, stir until completely dissolved.100 g Plant based milk, 220 g Caster sugar
- Remove from heat and add the dry ingredients .200 g Gluten Free flour, 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Pour into your prepared cake tin and sprinkle on chopped white chocolate. Bake for 15-20 mins until slightly firm and golden brown150 g Vegan white chocolate
- Slice and enjoy!
Please leave a review
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.