This no bake vegan chocolate cheesecake tops all the chocolate cheesecakes, ever.
The recipe for this vegan s’mores cheesecake is composed of a silky smooth, rich, decadent chocolate cheesecake filling. Layered upon a buttery, crunchy biscuit base and topped with soft, pillow-like marshmallow meringue to finish.
It really is indulgence on a plate. And best of all it’s gluten, dairy and egg free and you couldn’t even tell it apart from the texture and taste of a traditional cheesecake. As I have perfected the ratio of ingredients so that you will create a faultless, delicious dessert every time.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
- Vegan chocolate cheesecake tofu
- Vegan chocolate cheesecake no bake
- Chocolate raw vegan cheesecake
- Vegan chocolate cheesecake cream cheese
- Vegan chocolate cheesecake no cashews
Then you're in the right place. This recipe covers all of that.
Don’t fancy making the vegan marshmallow frosting? Simply remove that part of the recipe and you will still have a perfect vegan chocolate cheesecake. However, if you're willing to go the extra mile to include the vegan marshmallow fluff, then I highly recommend it. It will truly elevate your cheesecake and add another layer of texture and flavour.
Vegan chocolate cheesecake no-bake recipe
This recipe is really quite simple, it is just a case of blending and whipping a few ingredients together. I therefore, highly recommend for this recipe that you have both a blender and electric whisk to hand as it will take you forever to get everything to the right consistency. Especially the whipping of the vegan marshmallow frosting!
But anyways back to the gluten free no bake cheesecake recipe.
To make the base for this gluten free cheesecake recipe, simply blend the gluten free, vegan plain/digestive biscuits until a crumb consistency then the melted vegan butter, and blend until a sand like consistency.
Transfer to a prepared round 8 inch loose bottom tin - read my guide here on how to correctly prepare your cake tin. When pressing the crumb base into the tin, use the flat surface of the bottom of a glass. To evenly flatten the crumbs, so there is an even layer across the whole cheesecake.
For the vegan chocolate cheesecake no bake recipe. Combine the silken tofu, vegan cream cheese, cornflour, sugar and melted vegan chocolate into a blender until smooth. Then layer on top of the crumb base and evenly spread it across the tin.
Set in the fridge for 24hrs or in the freezer for 1-2hrs. By ‘set’ it should be holding its shape.
Marshmallow fluff recipe no eggs
To make the vegan marshmallow fluff, or the ‘Dairy free marshmallow fluff’ simply whip the aquafaba with an electric mixer for 10 mins until foamy, thickened and doubled in size. Then add the cream of tartar then sugar gradually, mixing after each addition for a further 5 mins and fluff is now white, glossy and has a stiff peak.
Once the silken tofu cheesecake has set, dollop the marshmallow frosting on top, in a rustic, haphazard way - the messier the better. And grab yourself your blow torch and blow torch the meringue on medium/high heat until it reaches a beautiful golden color.
Slice, sit back and relax and enjoy with a glass of milk, coffee or whatever beverage you fancy.
This vegan and gluten free chocolate cheesecake is perfect for a celebratory event or when family/friends come over. With dietary requirements or not it tastes divine either way.
Can vegans eat cheesecake
Of course! And that may seem odd, due to the name of the dessert as ‘cheese’ cake, with vegans being dairy free and all. But actually a brilliant substitute is TOFU! It has a very similar taste and texture to cream cheese and adds great stability.
If however, you follow a soya free diet, and happen to be vegan too then this recipe might be perfect for you!
The Greatest Vegan and Soy Free Cheesecake
You can now also find brilliant vegan cream cheese substitutes which also work brilliantly well. As it is composed mainly of coconut oil giving it great stability and flavor.
So what’s in vegan cheesecake
Vegan cheesecake you’ll find is mainly composed of coconut cream-the thick residue you find on the top of coconut milk tins. This works as a brilliant vegan cream cheese substitute if you don't have any to hand. - And can also be used as a substitute to the cream cheese in this gluten free dairy free chocolate cheesecake too!
Again like I previously mentioned, tofu is almost always used in vegan cream cheese, providing a creamy consistency and stability to the cheesecake. In a similar way egg does in traditional cheesecake.
The marshmallow fluff ingredients
What is marshmallow fluff made out of ?
Well traditional marshmallow contains egg whites, sugar and gelatine. But this vegan marshmallow fluff recipe is made out of aquafaba - which is essentially chickpea juice. And once whisked becomes a beautifully meringue just like egg whites. You can read more about how this works in my pavlova recipe.
The second important ingredient is cream of tartar, this is essential for meringue in order to provide stability to the meringue so the peaks don’t become loose and lose their shape.
Vegan S'mores Cheesecake
- 8" loose bottom tin
- electric whisk
- Blow torch
- 170 g Vegan gluten free digestive biscuits
- 75 g Vegan butter
Chocolate cheesecake filling
- 365 g Silken tofu
- 200 g Vegan cream cheese
- 280 g Vegan chocolate (melted)
- 2 tablespoon Coco powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon Cornflour
- 120 ml Plant based milk
- 2 tablespoon Golden syrup
Vegan marshmallow fluff
- ½ tin Chickpea juice
- 150 g Caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cream of tarter
- Blend the plain biscuits until fine crumbs. Then add the melted vegan butter and blend/ mix until combined - should have a sandlike texture170 g Vegan gluten free digestive biscuits, 75 g Vegan butter
- Transfer to prepared cake tin and pat down evenly using the flat bottom surface of a glass
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate together until fully combined and smooth.365 g Silken tofu, 200 g Vegan cream cheese, 2 tablespoon Coco powder, 1 ½ tablespoon Cornflour, 2 tablespoon Golden syrup, 120 ml Plant based milk
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the melted chocolate. Transfer to cake tin and set in the fridge for 24hrs or 1-2hrs in the freezer.280 g Vegan chocolate
- You want to make this, once the chocolate layer is set as it tends to loose its stability after a couple of hours. To start, drain the chickpea juice, using ½ the tins juice (aquafaba) and whip using an electric whisk for 10mins until doubled in size and foamy.½ tin Chickpea juice
- Gradually add the cream of tarter and caster sugar and whisk for a further 5 mins until it reaches stiff peaks.150 g Caster sugar, ¼ teaspoon Cream of tarter
- Once the chocolate layer has set, remove from tin and dollop onto the cheesecake to create random peaks.
- Grab your blow torch and toast the marshmallow fluff. Slice and Enjoy!
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
I can’t wait to hear what you think about this s'mores cheesecake recipe! Did you make it? Was it super easy? And most importantly did you enjoy it!
And like always if you do follow any of my recipes please tag me on instagram, pinterest, tiktok or facebook. I’d really love to see your creations! I’ll also be featuring your posts on my instagram stories so do have a look 🙂
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.