Start your day off right with a cup of coffee and a thick slice of this moist, refreshing, vegan pistachio and raspberry cake. This scrumptious pistachio loaf cake is drizzled with a thick layer of zesty lemon icing and topped with pistachio crumbs and pieces of frozen raspberry. You’ll love it!
It's sweet, it’s light, it's nutty, and boy, oh boy, is it MOIST.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
The vegan loaf cake recipe…
For the gluten free pistachio cake sponge begin by combining your plant based milk and apple cider vinegar. [This acts as your vegan ‘buttermilk]
Set this aside while you whisk together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar to a bowl, then set aside while you combine the wet ingredients.
Mix together the milk mix (apple cider vinegar and milk), applesauce, veg oil, frozen raspberries and pistachio butter until fully combined. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
Transfer the gluten free raspberry cake batter to your prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 mins.
The cake should be springy to the touch and a toothpick once inserted should have a few cake crumbs on its surface. As the cake is moist.
As the cake cools, get on and make the…
Lemon drizzle recipe
The tartness of this drizzle really helps to balance and enhance the sweetness of the cake. And it's super simple to make! Just combine your icing sugar, cornflour and lemon juice to a bowl whisk until smooth.
With this drizzle recipe, I’ve included cornflour which you probably never heard of doing before. But don’t be put off by it, it doesn't add any flavour to the drizzle, it just acts as a thickening agent.
Because as easy as it is to make a drizzle, it's quite common and easy to add too much liquid. If this happens then you're left with a really runny, thin drizzle, which is just not good.
But with the addition of the cornflour it's less likely to happen, and the drizzle tends to be quite thick and not translucent like other drizzles can be.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Tips for making this vegan pistachio cake
Measure the wet ingredients properly
This is vital for vegan recipes because too much liquid will create a super dense sponge - where it almost looks raw at the bottom of the sponge.
It’s therefore really important to measure your liquids correctly which is why I always opt for measuring scales rather than cups as it gives a more precise measurement.
How to decorate a pistachio cake
I decorated this vegan pistachio cake with chopped pistachio and frozen raspberry pieces as a simple, elegant cake design. If you didn’t want to opt for the lemon drizzle on top, a great alternative is to leave the cake bare and pour some homemade vegan custard over your slice. For more of a comfort dessert to enjoy with hot tea/coffee.
Wanting more fresh and fruity recipes? Here you are..
Super Easy Vegan and Gluten Free Strawberry Sheet Cake
No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart – The Best Dessert to Impress
Super Simple No bake Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
White Chocolate Pomegranate Cheesecake That’s Vegan AND Gluten Free
Easy Healthy Yogurt Panna Cotta Recipe
The Greatest Vegan and Soy Free Cheesecake
Super Easy Dairy Free Bakewell Cookies Recipe
The Best FoolProof Vegan Pavlova
The BEST Vegan Lemon & Raspberry Layered Tart (NO GLUTEN!)
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you make this raspberry and pistachio cake. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
The vegan raspberry cake recipe
Vegan Pistachio and Raspberry Cake
- loaf tin
- 1 cup Plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider Vinegar
- 130 g Apple sauce
- 20 g Veg oil
- 60 g Pistachio butter
- 20 g Frozen raspberries
- 280 g Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 260 g Gluten free plain flour
- 100 g Icing sugar
- 5 g Cornflour
- ½ Lemon (juice)
- Preheat the oven to 180° and prepare your loaf tin (Refer to notes)
- Begin by combining your plant based milk and apple cider vinegar. [This acts as your vegan ‘buttermilk]1 cup Plant based milk, 1 tablespoon Apple cider Vinegar
- Set this aside while you whisk together the dry ingredients to a bowl.280 g Caster sugar, 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda, 260 g Gluten free plain flour
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl including the milk mix (apple cider vinegar and milk) until fully combined. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated, being careful not to overmix.130 g Apple sauce, 20 g Veg oil, 60 g Pistachio butter, 20 g Frozen raspberries
- Transfer the cake batter to your prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 mins.
- The cake should be springy to the touch and a toothpick once inserted should have a few cake crumbs on its surface. As the cake is moist.
- Combine your icing sugar, cornflour and lemon juice to a bowl whisk until smooth.100 g Icing sugar, 5 g Cornflour, ½ Lemon
- Pour over the loaf cake once the cake has cooled, then garnish with some chopped pistachio's and frozen raspberry pieces (optional).
- Slice and Enjoy!
Let me know what you thought about this 100% plant based, gluten-free, dairy-free, eggless vegan drizzle cake. Did you make it, do you have any suggestions for what recipe you’d like to see?
Leave a comment below.
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This looks fabulous - and I love that it's gluten free too <3
Haven't tried a pistachio cake in my life. I will definitely try this for our family gathering this coming weekend. Thank you for sharing this with us x
Jean Nie says
Pistachio’s are so good, I would love a slice of this.
KEVIN FOODIE says
I love the uniqueness of the vegan recipe. Can't go wrong with pistachio and raspberry.
I love pistachios in desserts so much, this sounds absolutely amazing! I can't wait to try this!
This look so good. And the inside it's so yummy. I would love to make something like this. Thank you for sharing!
Super yummy 🙂
Jenna from Heavenly Spiced says
YUM!!! Must try!
yes! you'll love it <3