This vegan lemon and blueberry cheesecake is citrus, fresh, creamy and is the perfect summer/spring treat.
While this healthy cheesecake recipe is vegan and gluten free it’s still just as creamy and delicious as a traditional blueberry and lemon cheesecake!
Especially with the blueberry compote and the blueberry design on top this dessert turned out amazing!
Sweet, more-ish healthy vegan cheesecake that requires no baking and 15 minutes to make?
Yes, dreams really can come true.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
- Vegan cheesecake without tofu
- Easy vegan blueberry cheesecake
- Vegan cheesecake without soy
- Healthy blueberry cheesecake no bake
- Healthy vegan lemon cheesecake
- Vegan lemon cheesecake with blueberry compote
- Lemon and blueberry cheesecake no bake
Ingredients for the vegan blueberry cheesecake no bake recipe
Oil – Binds the crust ingredients together, and can also be substituted with melted vegan butter.
Mixed nuts – Helps to add texture to the crust
Cornflour – adds stability to the cheesecake filling.
Coconut cream – Adds a fresh nutty creaminess to the cheesecake, visit my FAQS below, as to how you can find and use this cream.
Lemon juice – Helps to balance the sweetness.
Melted vegan butter – Helps add moisture to help blend the nuts
Sweetener of choice – A great choice for the crust is to add maple syrup as its sweetener, as it will help to bind the crust ingredients, but coconut, cane or caster sugar will also work well in both the crust and filling.
AS ALWAYS, ALL THE INGREDIENT QUANTITIES FOR THIS VEGAN CREAM TART ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST IN THE GREY RECIPE BOX!
Easy healthy vegan cheesecake recipe
How to make the vegan cheesecake crust
To make the crust, blitz the oats and mixed nuts until a crumb consistency then pour in the oil and blend until it reaches a wet sand like consistency.
Transfer to a 6 inch loose bottom tin and evenly spread it across the bottom of the tin.
How to make the lemon vegan cheesecake filling
To make the easy lemon blueberry cheesecake filling, simply blend together the soaked cashews, melted vegan butter, cornflour, water, coconut cream, vegan cream cheese and melted vegan white chocolate.
Layer on top of the cheesecake base and evenly spread it over. Set in the fridge while you make the easy blueberry compote.
- Blueberry compote recipe for cheesecake
- Blueberry compote sugar free
- Healthy blueberry compote
- Blueberry compote without bits
- Blueberry compote maple syrup
Then you’re in luck, this compote recipe covers all of that.
Simply, heat all compote ingredients in a pan on medium heat, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken.
Sieve the compote over a bowl to remove blueberry chunks, and leave aside too cool.
Pour compote over cheesecake filling and set in the freezer for 1-2hours.
Blueberry compote uses
Blueberry cheesecake topping
I decorated my healthy raw vegan cheesecake by intricately placing sliced blueberries around the cheesecake. And then neatly placed a couple of pomegranate seeds in the center gap to create a flower like design.
But you can decorate it however you fancy.
How long should I soak the cashews?
I’d recommend approx 8hrs at least, so letting it soak overnight is best.
How do I soak cashews?
Measure out the required amount of cashews, pop them in a deep bowl and soak them in cold water, making sure it’s enough water that it covers the nuts. Then once you’re ready to make the cheesecake, drain the cashews in a colander, to remove any excess water.
Where can I find coconut cream?
You’ll need a can of coconut milk for this! The beauty of these cans is that they produce a beautiful thick cream that seats on the top of the can, where the coconut milk lays beneath.
So for this cheesecake you’ll just require a tbsp or 2 of the coconut cream, which we will then blend with the other ingredients.
What can I use the rest of the coconut cream and milk for?
You can use the rest coconut cream in this cheesecake recipe
Is this vegan blueberry vegan cheesecake gluten free?
The ingredients in this cheesecake are all gluten free, just make sure you’re using gluten free oats and white chocolate. As although these ingredients are naturally gluten free, I’d recommend reading the package details as they may contain traces due to manufacturing processes.
More no bake dairy free dessert recipes
If you enjoy this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WhiskMeFree on instagram so I can share your creations on my stories!
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
The healthy vegan cheesecake recipe
No bake Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
- Food Processor
- 6 inch Cake tin
- 50 g Oats
- 50 g Mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp Sweetner of choice
- 2 tbsp Oil (or melted dairy free butter)
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- 160 g Coconut cream from can of coconut milk
- 300 g Vegan cream cheese
- 100 g Sweetner of choice (Refer to notes)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 60 ml Lemon juice
- 100 g Blueberries (frozen/fresh)
- 50 g Sweetner of choice (Refer to notes)
- 1/2 lemon Juice
- 400 g Fresh Blueberries (optional)
- 1 tsp Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Blend all dry base ingredients until a crumb consistency then pour in the oil and and blend until it reaches a wet sand like consistency.50 g Oats, 50 g Mixed nuts, 1 tbsp Sweetner of choice, 2 tbsp Oil
- Transfer to 6" loose bottom tin and evenly spread accross the bottom of the tin.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.160 g Coconut cream from can of coconut milk, 300 g Vegan cream cheese, 100 g Sweetner of choice, 1 tbsp Cornflour, 60 ml Lemon juice
- Layer onto of cheesecake base and evenly spread over tin. Set in the fridge while you make the compote.
- Heat all compote ingredients in a pan on medium heat, stirring consistently until it begins to thicken.100 g Blueberries, 50 g Sweetner of choice, 1/2 lemon Juice
- Sieve the compote over a bowl to remove blueberry pieces, and leave aside to cool.
- Pour compote over cheesecake layer and set in the fridge for 2hrs, or until completely set in the middle (shouldn't wobble).
- Slice all your blueberries in 1/2 from the centre and carefully place around the cheesecake, working your way to the centre of the cheesecake, then fill the centre with a couple of Pomegranate seeds to create a flower like design.400 g Fresh Blueberries, 1 tsp Pomegranate seeds
And like always if you do follow any of my recipes please tag me on instagram, pinterest, tiktok or facebook. I’d really love to see your creations! I’ll also be featuring your posts on my instagram stories so do have a look 🙂
What did you think of this blueberry vegan cheesecake? Did you make any of your own amendments?
Let me know in the comments below.
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.