This the fluffiest raspberry banana bread cake recipe you're going to find. This plant-based banana bread recipe is vegan and gluten free and packed with berries, you're going to love it.
In this recipe I'm going to walk you through how to make banana bread with 1 banana. And how to achieve that fluffy sponge every time.
How.to bake banana bread
The plant based milk I used for this was cashew milk using Nooj cashew paste. This is an incredibly versatile paste that can be used in tarts, cheesecakes in its pure state or as a plant based milk, where you just need to add water to the paste and like magic its turns out like this:
More Raspberry Recipes
How long to bake banana bread at 375 Fahrenheit
This is also 190 degrees Celsius for those in the UK. You'll want to bake your banana bread for 20-25 mins on this setting.
How long to bake banana bread at 325 Fahrenheit
This is also 160 degrees Celsius for those in the UK. You'll want to bake your banana bread for 25-35 mins on this setting.
Banana bread using 1 banana , how?
1 banana is perfect for this recipe, as it produces a super fluffy sponge whilst still incorporating the sweetness from the banana.
How to make banana bread icing ?
I've got this question quite a lot on my instagram @whiskmefree but to be completely honest I've never heard of an icing for banana bread. What I would recommend however, is custard! This would pair so well with a warmed slice of this banana bread. Try it!
What to bake banana bread at home with?
A loaf tin is perfect for baking a bread in, but if you don't have one any other baking tin would work well. You can even try a muffin tin for easy vegan banana bread muffins!
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you make this vegan easy banana bread. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
How to make banana bread homemade ...
Raspberry Banana Bread Cake
- loaf tin
- mixing bowl
- 105 g Gluten Free flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 20 g Nooj Almond Pate
- 100 g Water [for the plant based milk]
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 30 g Olive Oil
- 80 g Rasberries
- 1 Banana
- Combine the Nooj paste and water together in a jug/cup and mix until it fully combined. Then add the vinegar together to make the 'buttermilk' set aside for 5 mins.20 g Nooj Almond Pate, 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar, 100 g Water
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients until fully combined in a separate bowl.105 g Gluten Free flour, 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum, ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda, 100 g Caster sugar
- Add the oil to the 'buttermilk' then pour this into the dry ingredients.30 g Olive Oil
- Whisk until combined. Then fold in the berries, being careful not to over mix.80 g Rasberries
- Transfer to your loaf tin and top with your banana sliced in ½. Bake for 25-30mins or until golden brown and springy to the touch.1 Banana
What did you think of this vegan easy banana bread recipe?
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.