This post will go through exactly how to make a super simple vegan chocolate mousse tart.
You cannot go wrong with chocolate and strawberries. Which is why this vegan chocolate mousse tart is topped with a strawberry flavored ganache. The ultimate combination and the perfect spring/summer dessert.
This is the perfect tart for parties and events. Vegan or not, this tart is a fan favorite among many friends and family. It is just SO smooth and delicious!
Why you’ll love this tart
- It’s completely vegan and gluten free
- It’s no bake, therefore no need to put your oven on
- Perfect to make a head of time
Expert Baking Tips for this no bake cheesecake with strawberries
Although the recipe for this simple vegan chocolate tart is super easy, here are just a few expert tips i’d recommend:
- Ensure your dates are relatively soft before blending, if your dates are tough soak them in water for around 1/2 hr then drain and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- I used Nooj Cashew paste for this tart.
- Make sure to drain your tofu to remove any excess water, as any added extra liquid will ruin the consistency of the tart.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Ingredients list for this vegan chocolate strawberry cheesecake recipe
For this tart you will need:
- Caster Sugar – This is just a very refined sugar if you can’t find it refined granulated sugar will work well here too.
- Dates – If you find that your dates are quite tuff, soak them in water in ½ hour to soften them before blending with the other ingredients.
- Almond Butter – Any other nut butter will work well here, but not the runny kid, it should be relatively thick.
- Silken firm tofu – You want to use silken tofu here rather than regular, as it will produce a more smooth mousse-like texture.
Cashew paste is a game changer for any no-bake tart.
I used Nooj cashew paste and it has worked so well for me. Best of all you can now get your own in Sainsburys!
No bake strawberry chocolate tart recipe
Step by step instructions for this vegan chocolate raspberry tart recipe
Begin by making the tart base. Simply blend all the base ingredients together in a food processor until it comes together. Then press into a greased tart tin and set aside while you make the mousse filling.
For the mousse filling, cream together the cashew paste, almond butter, tofu, sugar and cocoa powder until smooth. Then pour the mousse filling on top of the base and set in the fridge while you make the ganache.
Ganache is essentially a combination of equal parts chocolate to cream which you’ll need to heat together for 30second intervals until it’s thick and glossy. Then mix in a couple of drops of red food gel until you reach your desired color.
Then add a drop of strawberry extract, as this is quite strong you don’t need very much. Pour the glaze over the set tart and set in the fridge for a further 15-25 mins.
Decorate with some berries, I used blueberries, strawberries and pomegranate. Then slice and enjoy.
If you don’t want to make this tart vegan simply substitute the vegan double cream for normal double cream and the vegan chocolate for regular white chocolate.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Can i freeze a no bake tart ?
Yes you can, this tart can last up to 2 weeks in the freezer. But you must remember to cover the tart in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in cling film/plastic wrap.
What type of chocolate can vegans eat ?
For this tart, I used vegan white chocolate, which I got from the free from isle in ASDA (UK) but they are being sold in nearly every grocery store worldwide. If you can’t find some near you, then I’d recommend Amazon Pantry.
How to thaw frozen tart shells / how to defrost frozen tarts ?
- Remove the tart from the freezer.
- Place in the fridge and allow the tart to thaw overnight (6-8 hours), leaving pie wrapped.
- Alternatively, you can set the tart out to thaw on the counter at room temp for 3-5 hours.
- Unwrap the tart from cling film/plastic wrap and it is now ready to be enjoyed again.
Storing and freezing
How long does tart last for ?
Tarts can last 3-5 days when stored in the refrigerator. But it can last up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
Let me know if you made this no bake gluten free chocolate tart.
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you made this Vegan Chocolate Mousse Tart. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Recipe for vegan chocolate tart :
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Tart
- 6" Tart Tin
- Blender/Food processor
- 120 g Dates
- 15 g Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- 150 g Gluten free oats
- 100 g Nooj Cashew Paste (Refer to notes)
- 100 g Almond Butter
- 200 g Silken firm tofu
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- 100 g Cater Sugar
- 50 g Vegan white chocolate
- 50 g Vegan Double Cream
- Strawberry extract
- Vegan red food gel
- Berries of choice
- Blend together all the base ingredients for 3-4 minutes until it comes together in a smooth dough. If you find its too wet add more oats or almond flour.120 g Dates, 15 g Cocoa powder, 2 tbsp Water, 150 g Gluten free oats
- Transfer that to your prepared tart tin – it should be greased and dusted with coco powder to prevent the base sticking to the tin.
- Once the date dough has been pressed into the bottom and sides of the tin set it aside and start making the filling.
- For the mousse filling again place all the ingredients into a blender or a bowl and mix until smooth.100 g Nooj Cashew Paste, 100 g Almond Butter, 200 g Silken firm tofu, 25 g Cocoa powder, 100 g Cater Sugar
- Pour onto the tart base and set in the freezer for 1-2hrs.
- For the glaze just simply heat together the white chocolate and cream in a microwave for 30 seconds until thick and smooth. Then mix in just a couple of drops of red food gel until you reach your desired colour.50 g Vegan white chocolate, 50 g Vegan Double Cream, Vegan red food gel
- Then add a drop of strawberry extract, as this is quite strong you don't need very much.Strawberry extract
- Pour the glaze over the set tart and set in the fridge for a further 15-25 mins.
- Decorate with some berries, I used blueberries, strawberries and pomegranate. Then slice and enjoy!Berries of choice
Please leave me a star review below or share as it will help my blog grow so I can keep creating these recipes for you.
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.