This rich velvety and smooth chocolate caramel cheesecake is spectacular.
My go to vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe.
The added sweetness of the gooey vegan caramel center adds another textural element to this gluten free chocolate cheesecake and really balances the flavor.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
How to make a vegan caramel cheesecake.
This chocolate caramel cheesecake is super simple to make, it’s just the case of blending each element and layering them, with the addition of making a caramel - vegan.
Making a caramel can be quite daunting at first and can be quite difficult to get right. But I’ve come up with a super simple method that goes right every time!
Here’s the recipe -> 3 Ingredient Vegan Gluten free Caramel Sauce
Start by making the cheesecake base, by blending the cocoa powder, vegan, gluten free biscuits - or non vegan/gluten free alternatives. Just make sure these biscuits are plain.
Blend the biscuits until it reaches a crumb consistency then add the melted butter, blitz again until it reaches a wet sand consistency.
Pat the biscuit base into a round loose bottom tin and set aside.
Vegan chocolate cheesecake filling:
Mix together the vegan cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder, until creamy.
In a separate bowl heat the vegan orange chocolate and plant based milk (I used oat) and transfer to the cream cheese mix. Mix until fully incorporated.
Transfer to a piping bag and pipe ½ the cheesecake filling on top of the base. Then with the end of a spatula/spoon. Make a damn in the center - we will fill this with caramel.
The vegan caramel - here is my foolproof vegan caramel recipe you're going to want to use/save.
Pour the vegan caramel into the dam and pipe on the remaining cheesecake filling. And evenly spread it around to create a flat surface.
Pop the cheesecake in the freezer for 2hrs - the cheesecake should be stiff an hold it’s shape.
To decorate, I went for a very simple yet elegant design - a chocolate shaving border. To do this simply, grate 4 chocolate pieces on the thick side of the grater [the one with the larger horizontal lines] and decorate it along the outside of the cheesecake to create a border.
Slice and enjoy.
The chocolate caramel cheesecake recipe
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
- 8 inch Loose Bottom Tin
- 160 g Plain Biscuits
- 15 g Cocoa Powder
- 45 g Vegan Butter (Melted)
- 450 g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 50 g Sugar
- 20 g Cocoa Powder
- 160 g Vegan Chocolate
- 70 g Oat Milk
- Vegan Caramel (refer to notes)
- 15 g Vegan Chocolate
- Blend the plain biscuits and cocoa powder until fine crumbs. Then add the melted vegan butter and blend/ mix until combined – should have a sandlike texture160 g Plain Biscuits, 45 g Vegan Butter, 15 g Cocoa Powder
- Transfer to prepared cake tin and pat down evenly using the flat bottom surface of a glass
- Beat the vegan cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder until fully combined and smooth.450 g Vegan Cream Cheese, 50 g Sugar, 20 g Cocoa Powder
- In a separate bowl heat the chocolate and milk together for approx 45secs, stir and add to the cheesecake mix.160 g Vegan Chocolate, 70 g Oat Milk
- Mix until fully combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe ½ the cheesecake filling on top of the base. Then with the end of a spatula/spoon. Make a damn in the center - we will fill this with caramel.
- Set the ½ filled cheesecake in the fridge/freezer while you make the caramel.Vegan Caramel
- Once the caramel has been made and has cooled down. Pour into the cheesecake dam and then pip on the remaining cheesecake filling on top.
- Pop the cheesecake in the freezer for 2hrs - the cheesecake should be stiff an hold it’s shape.
- Grate ¾ chocolate pieces on the thick side of the grater [the one with the larger horizontal lines] and decorate it along the outside of the cheesecake to create a border.15 g Vegan Chocolate
- Slice and enjoy!
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you make this vegan caramel cheesecake. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
© Whisk Me Free All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.