This refreshing, summery vegan berry tart is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free with alllll of the taste and texture!
Sweet, more-ish healthy vegan fruit tart that requires no baking and 15 minutes to make?
Yes, dreams really can come true.
The crust is composed of nuts and dates to provide a lovely textural contrast to the smooth filling. Plus, who can resist a crunchy crust?!
If however, you don’t have any dates around, you can easily use the base recipe from my caramel tart. It works perfectly.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
The vegan pink tart recipe
How to make no bake tart crust for the vegan fruit tart
To make the crust for this vegan summer fruits tart, blitz the nuts, maple syrup and dates (that have been soaked and drained overnight) in a food processor until there are no big chucks of dates or nuts and all ingredients have come together.
Transfer to a 8"/20cm loose bottom tart tin and evenly spread it across the bottom and sides of the tin. Leave to chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the fillings.
How to make this mixed berry tart filling
To make the no bake vegan fruit tart filling, place the frozen berries, plant based milk, honey and cornflour into a pan and place on medium to low heat. Making sure to stir constantly to prevent any lumps from forming.
Remove the pan from the heat when the mixture begins to thicken. Then pour into a sieve over a bowl to remove any seeds from the mixed berries.
And pour on top of the tart base. Once filled, tap the tart tin onto your work-surface to remove any air bubbles and ensure the layer is level.
Refrigerate for 24hrs or freeze for 1-2hrs until set.
How to decorate a vegan tart
I topped my no bake pink tart with fresh berries, fruit, vegan meringues and vegan macarons. But you can top it with anything you like or eat it bare. It's delicious either way!
[Recipe for my vegan macarons coming soon]
Can I use this recipe to make mini summer fruit tarts?
Absolutely! This recipe would be perfect, to make cute and easy mini summer fruit tarts.
The quantities of this recipe would be able to fill approx 12 mini tartlets
If you enjoy this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WhiskMeFree on instagram so I can share your creations on my stories!
The frozen mixed berry tart recipe
- Tart tin
- Food Processor
- 100 g Dates (Soaked over night)
- 100 g Mixed nuts
- 20 g Maple syrup
- 200 g Frozen mixed berries
- 5 tablespoon Maple syrup (or honey)
- 15 g Cornflour
- 120 ml Plant based milk
- Optional Vegan meringues (Refer to notes)
- Optional Vegan Macarons (Refer to notes)
- Fruit Optional
- Add all crust ingredients into a food processor and blitz until there are no big chucks of dates or nuts and all ingredients have come together.100 g Dates, 100 g Mixed nuts, 20 g Maple syrup
- Press the crust dough into a tart tin (8"/20cm) to create a tart shell across the whole tin. Leave to chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the fillings.
- Transfer the filling ingredients into a pan and heat on medium heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.200 g Frozen mixed berries, 5 tablespoon Maple syrup, 15 g Cornflour, 120 ml Plant based milk
- Remove from heat and sieve over a bowl to remove the seeds. Pour into the tart shell and freeze for around 1-2hrs until set.
- Decorate with your preferred toppings, I used Kiwis, vegan meringues, vegan macarons and fresh berries.Optional Vegan meringues, Fruit, Optional Vegan Macarons
Did you follow this vegan summer fruits tart recipe? What were your thoughts? Did you make any amendments?
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.