Dive into the indulgent world of Super Easy Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake, a dessert that promises a molten, gooey center with every bite. This version, surprisingly made with tofu, offers a rich, creamy texture without compromising on the decadent chocolate experience. Topped with vegan ice cream, it's a perfect blend of warm cake and cool, creamy delight.
Craft a Decadent Dessert in No Time Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or need a quick chocolate fix, this vegan lava cake is your go-to recipe. It's proof that vegan desserts can be just as luxurious and satisfying as their non-vegan counterparts.
- Top tip
- Baking Free From 101
- Trending Posts
- The Easiest 2 Ingredient Pain au chocolat And It's Vegan!
- The Easiest Quick 5 Ingredient Vegan Tarte Tatin
- Super Easy Creme Brulee Blondies - And It's Vegan!
- Biscoff Cream Cake: A Quick and Easy Vegan Dessert
- Silken tofu (for the cake's creamy texture)
- Fine and Raw's chocolate spread (for the molten center and cake)
- Sugar (to sweeten)
- Flour (I used gluten free plain flour, but you can also use ordinary plain flour if you'd prefer)
- Vegan ice cream (for topping)
Begin by sifting the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
In a saucepan heat together the chocolate and butter until completely melted.
In a blender, blend together the tofu, milk, oil, sugar and coffee until smooth.
Mix the blended tofu mix and melted chocolate into the flour mix.
Whisk until fully incorporated.
Fill the ramekins ½ way.
Then top it with a tablespoon of Fine and Raw's chocolate spread in each.
Then cover with the remaining batter.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream, and enjoy!
- Gluten-Free Flour: I used gluten free plain flour, but you can also use ordinary plain flour if you'd prefer
- Alternative Sweeteners: Swap sugar with coconut sugar for a different sweetness level.
- Fruity Lava Cake: Add a raspberry sauce center for a fruity twist to the traditional chocolate lava cake.
- Espresso Lava Cake: Mix in a shot of espresso to the batter for a coffee-flavored chocolate cake.
- White Chocolate Lava Cake: Place a vegan white chocolate chunk in the centre of the batter in place of chocolate spread.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream, and enjoy!
These lava cakes are best enjoyed fresh from the oven to experience the iconic molten center. However, you can store any uncooked batter in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
- Baking Time is Key: Keep an eye on the baking time to ensure the center remains liquid.
- Serving Temperature: Serve hot to enjoy the contrast between the warm cake and the cold ice cream.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you followed this recipe for vegan lava cake. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
- 2 Ramakins
- 65 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 100 g Silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon Plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 80 g Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Coffee Grounds
- 70 g Vegan Butter
- 85 g Fine and Raw Chocolate Bar
- 2 tablespoon Fine and Raws Sweet Hazelnut Spread
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 180°/ 350°F Gas mark 4. Grease your ramekins and dust them with cocoa powder around the sides to prevent it from sticking and set aside.
- Begin by sifting the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.65 g Gluten Free Plain Flour, 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder, ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- In a blender, blend together the tofu, milk, oil, sugar and coffee until smooth.100 g Silken tofu, 1 tablespoon Plant based milk, 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil, 80 g Sugar, 1 teaspoon Coffee Grounds
- In a saucepan heat together the chocolate and butter until completely melted.70 g Vegan Butter, 85 g Fine and Raw Chocolate Bar
- Mix the blended tofu mix and melted chocolate into the flour mix, and whisk until fully incorperated.
- Fill the ramakins ½ way, then top it with a tablespoon of Fine and Raw's chocolate spread in each, then cover with the remaining batter.2 tablespoon Fine and Raws Sweet Hazelnut Spread
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve with a scoop of icecream and enjoy!Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
© Whisk Me Free. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.