This stuffed cookies recipe has a slightly crunchy exterior filled with a smooth and creamy cheesecake filling. It’s delicious.
This was inspired by my NYC white chocolate peppermint cookies, where these cookies are both chunky nyc style cookie and filled with a slightly gooey interior.
If you’d prefer to make these cheesecake cookies mini, simply roll them into smaller cookie dough balls to make them into bite size cookies.
This recipe for stuffed cookies is also dairy and gluten free. If you'd prefer not to make this recipe for cheesecake cookies - dairy and gluten free then check out my substitutes list so you can make this suitable for all dietary requirements.
In this cookies quick recipe I will be going through how to make this the best cookies recipe and answering your FAQs such as ‘whats the best dairy free cream cheese for cookies’ ‘how to stuff cookies’ ‘how long does vegan cheesecake cookies last’ and so much more.
A really great thing about this cheesecake cookies recipe is how versatile it is. Which is what makes this cookies recipe best. For example, you can make this into cookies and cream cheesecake cookies or chocolate and strawberry cheesecake cookies using a strawberry purée for the center - incorporated into the cream cheese instead!
I’ll also be sharing some more flavor variations and mix in’s below. And would highly recommend you check that part of this post out!
This recipe for giant cookies requires less than an hour to come together from start to finish!
If you’re looking for more cookies recipe gluten free to add to your baking list check out my Pumpkin Cookies and Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Variations - Easy recipe for cookies
- Top tip making cookies easy
- Baking Free From 101
- Stuffed cookies recipe
- Trending Posts
- The Best Vegan Creme Brûlée Brownies
- The Best Quick and Easy Orange Vegan Creme Brûlée Recipe
- Best Recipe For Chocolate Tart And It's Vegan
- The Best Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free flour - make sure this is plain flour not self raising flour as this will result in a cakey cookie.
- Dairy Free Butter – This can be in spread or block form.
- Caster sugar – I like to use caster sugar in my cookies which is just very refined sugar. So if you can’t find caster sugar I’d recommend using refined or normal granulated sugar.
- Brown sugar - this helps create a soft chewy cookie and prevents the cookies from spreading too much when baking.
- Vegan cream cheese
- Chocolate- vegan chocolate preferably 70% or less - anything higher may make these cheesecake quite bitter
See recipe card for quantities.
Cookies how to make:
- Start by mixing your dry ingredients together until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it. Then add the eggs and mix until combine.
3. Next mix in your dry ingredients, and crushed biscuits and chocolate chips. Then mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar into a separate bowl
4. Grab a handful of the cookie dough and flatten it in your palm, then fill with a ½tbsp of the cream cheese filling in the centre. Then fold the cookie dough around the filling to seal it.
5. Place ⅘ on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper (as they spread) and bake for 10-15 mins.
6. When done these cookies should be slightly golden brown around the edges and slightly soft in the center – it will gain its shape when cooled. Enjoy!
If you’d prefer not to make these chunky cookies recipes specific to a dietary requirement or two, simply substitute the ingredients that correlate to your needs to make this english sticky toffee pudding suitable for your diet.
- Gluten free - If you’d prefer not to make this gluten-free simply substitute the gluten-free flour for normal plain flour.
- Dairy free - If you’d prefer not to make this cookies dairy free simply substitute the dairy free butter for ordinary butter, specifically block butter
Even if you don’t follow a specific diet (eg. gluten free), you may have friends or family that could use this.
Variations - Easy recipe for cookies
Simple ways you can change this recipe to better suit your dinner guests:
White chocolate cheesecake cookies
In place of dark chocolate chips use white chocolate instead for a slightly more sweeter cookie - following the same principles of this recipe.
Cheesecake cookies and cream recipe
Another great variation for this recipe is a cookie and cream cookie. To make this simply substitute the chocolate chips for chopped Oreo’s or the gluten free alternative
White chocolate peppermint cookies
These choc mint cookies are soft and chewy, filled with pools of marshmallow, and infused with a peppermint flavor. These are the perfect cookies to enjoy all year round.
Let me know in the comments if you try these variations or if you came up with your own!
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retains heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
For this recipe you’ll need a Flat baking tray, this is the one I use and I use it all the time, which I line with greaseproof/parchment paper
Storing and freezing cookies with cheesecake
How long does cheesecake cookies last?
They stay good at room temperature for up to a week, and in the freezer for up to 2 months if stored in an airtight container.
Top tip making cookies easy
Although this Stuffed cookies recipe is super simple to make, here are just a few expert tips I'd recommend:
For uniform cookies weigh the dough balls individually making sure they weigh the same - I’ve found 115g was perfect for 6 cookies
Use chopped chocolate in place of chocolate chips to create pools of chocolate in your cookie, your may also use chocolate chips for more texture.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you made these Stuffed cookies recipe. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Stuffed cookies recipe
Stuffed cheesecake cookies
- 113 g Dairy free butter
- 230 g Gluten Free flour
- 1 L Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 100 g Light Brown sugar
- 50 g Caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g Vegan/dairy free cream cheese
- 50 g Powdered sugar
- 100 g Dairy free chocolate
- 100 g Gluten free biscuits (crushed)
- Start by mixing your dry ingredients together until fully combined.230 g Gluten Free flour, 100 g Light Brown sugar, 50 g Caster sugar, ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder, ¼ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- In a separate bowl melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it. Then add the eggs and mix until combine.113 g Dairy free butter, 1 L Eggs, 1 Egg Yolk
- Next mix in your dry ingredients, and crushed biscuits and chocolate chips. Then mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar into a separate bowl100 g Vegan/dairy free cream cheese, 100 g Dairy free chocolate, 100 g Gluten free biscuits, 50 g Powdered sugar
- Grab a handful of the cookie dough and flatten it in your palm, then fill with a ½tbsp of the cream cheese filling in the centre. Then fold the cookie dough around the filling to seal it.
- Place ⅘ on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper (as they spread) and bake for 10-15 mins.
- When done these cookies should be slightly golden brown around the edges and slightly soft in the center – it will gain its shape when cooled. Enjoy!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
I will keep this in mind. It's not easy to find good gluten-free recipes. Thanks for sharing this!
The recipe looks delicious and yum! Thanks for sharing this awesome cookies.