Today, I’m going to share with you how to make this recipe for raspberry cake. It's super soft and fluffy and infused with cinnamon and nutmeg. Delicious.
Welcome back to my microwave series where I turn classic desserts into delicious, super quick and easy recipes from brownies, cakes, tray bakes and more, that you would never have imagined were made in the microwave! Perfect for when you’re short on time or just craving something sweet. Not to mention with the cost of living crisis at an all time high, turning your oven on can be quite pricey so these recipes are the perfect alternative for a quick dessert made at a fraction of the time.
The sponge is so light and airy and served with a generous scoop of thick cream lightly spiced with cinnamon. Oh.. and it’s made in LESS THAN 7 mins!
Cake in the microwave
If you’d prefer to make this cake bigger - or you want it to serve 2 - simply double this recipe.
This microwave cake mug recipe is also dairy and gluten free. If you'd prefer not to make it dairy and gluten free then check out my substitutes list so you can make this suitable for all dietary requirements.
In this microwave cake cup recipe I will be going through how to make single serve cakes and answering your FAQs such as ‘how to make a cake in microwave’ ‘baking cake in microwave’ ‘how long does microwave cake last’ and so much more.
A really great thing about this recipes for raspberry cake is how versatile it is. Which is what makes this the best sponge cake in microwave recipe. For example, you can make this into a classic vanilla cake, or a sweet caramel and cinnamon cake by mixing caramel into the batter along with the cinnamon using my super simple 3 ingredient caramel recipe!
I’ll also be sharing some more flavor variations and mix in’s below. And would highly recommend you check that part of this post out!
- Top tip
- Baking Free From 101
- Recipe for raspberry cake
- Trending Posts
- The Easiest 2 Ingredient Pain au chocolat And It's Vegan!
- The Easiest Quick 5 Ingredient Vegan Tarte Tatin
- Super Easy Creme Brulee Blondies - And It's Vegan!
- Biscoff Cream Cake: A Quick and Easy Vegan Dessert
- Gluten Free flour - This can either be gluten free plain or self-raising flour. If you don’t want to make this gluten free - look at my substitutes list below.
- Dairy Free Butter – This can be in spread or block form at room temperature .
- Caster sugar – I like to use caster sugar in my cakes which is just very refined sugar. So if you can’t find caster sugar I’d recommend using refined or normal granulated sugar.
- Cream - I used plant based double cream to make this dairy free
See recipe card for quantities.
Baking cake in a microwave
- Begin by greasing and flouring your heat proof dish and set a side.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, rising agents, sugar and butter until smooth.
- Then add the egg and mix until smooth.
4. Add the spices and raspberries and pour the batter into your dish. Bake in the microwave for 3 mins. Remove from the microwave and allow it to cool for 10 mins.
5. As it cools make the cream, by whipping the cream until stiff peaks.
Raspberry cake decorations
6. Dollop the cream onto the cake and decorate with fresh raspberries.
7. It's now time to enjoy!
If you’d prefer not to make this quick cake in microwave specific to a dietary requirement or two, simply substitute the ingredients that correlate to your needs to make this microwave quick cake cake suitable for your diet.
- Gluten free - If you’d prefer not to make this recipe for raspberry cake gluten-free simply substitute the gluten-free flour for normal plain flour.
- Dairy free - If you’d prefer not to make this dairy free simply substitute the dairy free butter for ordinary butter, specifically block butter
- Cream - Simply substitute the plant based double cream for full fat double cream if you’d prefer not to make this dairy free.
Even if you don’t follow a specific diet (eg. gluten free), you may have friends or family that could use this.
Simple ways you can change this recipe to better suit your dinner guests:
Prefer something chocolatey
Check out my less than 10 minute decadent chocolate microwave cake This sponge is so rich and decadent and smothered in a glossy chocolate ganache.
Looking for something more zesty?
Then you NEED to try this lemon loaf cake it’s inspired by starbucks lemon loaf cake and it’s tastes incredible
Looking for a good super quick brownies recipe - check out these brownies - they’re made in 5 minutes!
Let me know in the comments if you try these variations or if you came up with your own!
For this recipe you’ll need a heatproof glass/ceramic dish, this is similar to the one I use which I line with grease and flour to prevent it sticking to the dish.
Storing and freezing cake from microwave
How long does a single serve cake last?
This will stay good at room temperature for up to 3 days, and in the freezer for up to 2 months if stored in an airtight container.
Although this cake in a microwave recipe is super simple to make, here are just a few expert tips I'd recommend:
Don’t fill your baking dish too much/high as this cake does rise! And may overflow out of your dish if filled to the top
Allow the cake to cool for at least 10 -15 mins before decorating with cream, as the cream will melt and dissolve into the cake if added onto a hot cake, but of course if you don’t mind then feel free to eat it as it is.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you followed this recipe for raspberry cake. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Recipe for raspberry cake
- 25 g Gluten Free flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 25 g Vegan/Dairy free butter
- 30 g Caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Handful Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Small Egg or 60ml of plant based milk
- 80 ml Plant based double cream
- Begin by greasing and flouring your heat proof dish and set a side.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, rising agents, sugar and butter until smooth.25 g Gluten Free flour, ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder, ¼ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda, 25 g Vegan/Dairy free butter, 30 g Caster sugar
- Then add the egg/milk and mix until smooth.1 Small Egg
- Add the spices and raspberries and pour the batter into your dish. Bake in the microwave for 3 mins. Remove from the microwave and allow it to cool for 10 mins.¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, Handful Fresh Raspberries
- As it cools make the cream, by whipping the cream until stiff peaks. Dollop the cream onto the cake and decorate with fresh raspberries.80 ml Plant based double cream, Raspberries
- All that's left is to enjoy!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.