If you’re looking for a recipe for easy chocolate mousse this is by far the easiest recipe you’re going to find. It’s completely no-bake so no need to bake or heat anything over the stove. It’s also completely vegan so doesn’t require any gelatine or raw egg whites!
This chocolate mousse texture is super velvety and smooth. And is a perfect addition to any tea party/dessert table.
More, recipes for chocolate mousse :
Why you’ll love this chocolate mousse vegan
- It’s completely vegan and gluten free
- It’s healthy, packed with nutrients and antioxidants
- It’s no bake – so easy and simple to make
- Not overly rich and is balanced with the freshness of strawberries
Expert Baking Tips
Although the recipe for these no bake mousse jars are super simple to make here are just a few expert tips i’d recommend:
- If you don’t have any cashews or time to soak some overnight, you can easily use cashew butter/paste instead.
- If you don’t have any syrup, honey will work as an excellent substitute.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
This recipe is completely sugar free and keto and paleo friendly.
Here is everything you need:
As it is a high fibre, low carbohydrate alternative to honey! And it is brilliant to drizzle on porridge, pancakes, and in your desserts.
Recipe for easy chocolate mousse
How to make chocolate mousse
To make these mousse jars you want to begin by blending together the almond butter, syrup and cashews. For the cashews they will need to be soft, in order to blend. To achieve this you’ll need to soak the cashews overnight and then drain them before blending.
However, if you’re short for time and can’t soak any cashews, cashew butter/paste will work well here also.
Then heat together the chocolate and milk in a microwave for 30second intervals and pour into the cashew mix and blend again.
Chop your strawberries into small squares and divide them equally into the bottom of each jar.
Then spoon the mousse on top of the strawberries and gently tap the jars on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
Set in the fridge for 1-2hrs in the freezer. And enjoy!
If you didn’t want to make this mousse vegan simply substitute the vegan chocolate for normal dark chocolate and the plant based milk for normal whole milk.
Chocolate for mousse ?
My favorite vegan chocolate I’d recommend for this mousse is NOMO chocolate or conscious chocolate plain. However, you can also opt for flavored vegan chocolates to customize your mousse.
If you don’t want to make this vegan I’d recommend dark chocolate so its not overly sweet.
Is this chocolate mousse vegan ?
Yes, it’s are completely vegan and gluten free. And does not requiring any cooking or baking and therefore, is also Paleo friendly too!
What other variations of mousse can I make with this recipe ?
This recipe would also be fantastic to make chocolate mousse filled strawberries, instead of layering the mousse on top of strawberries!
You can also easily substitute the vegan chocolate with vegan white chocolate in this recipe for white chocolate mousse.
Storing and freezing
This mousse can last up to 3-5 days when stored in the refrigerator. But is not suitable for freezing.
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you followed this recipe for easy chocolate mousse. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Recipe for easy chocolate mousse :
Chocolate and Strawberry Mousse
- Ramakins/Glass Pots
- 50 g Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Syrup Maple Syrup/Honey
- 200 g Cashews [refer to notes]
- 100 g Strawberries
- 60 g Chocolate
- 30 ml Plant-based milk
- Start by blending together the almond butter cashews and syrup until silky smooth.50 g Almond Butter, 2 tbsp Syrup, 200 g Cashews, 60 g Chocolate
- Then heat together the chocolate and milk in a microwave for 30second intervals and pour into the cashew mix and blend again.60 g Chocolate, 30 ml Plant-based milk
- Chop your strawberries into small squares and divide them equally into the bottom of each jar.100 g Strawberries
- Then spoon the mousse on top of the strawberries and gently tap the jars on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Set in the fridge for 1hr in the freezer or enjoy it as it is!
Please leave me a star review below!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.