This recipe for crepe cake is tiramisu flavour is super simple to make. And requires less than 10 ingredients!
I’ve combined 2 classical desserts into one, the famous tiramisu and crepes and made it vegan and gluten free!
It’s pretty incredible.
One of the key ingredients I used for these easy vegan crepes was tigernut flour, specifically the one from – strp’d. This tigernut flour adds a nutty depth of flavor to the crepes which pairs beautifully with the coffee.
Lets get into how to make this crepe cake tiramisu flavour.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
How to make vegan crepes..
Crepes are super simple to make and these vegan crepes are no exception. It just requires 6 ingredients that you blend together, fry in a pan. And finally brush with espresso and layer with a vegan mascarpone inspired cream.
It’s spectacular and a total crowd pleaser. You’ll love this recipe.
Begin by whisking the flours and sugar together, making sure there’s no clumps to prevent there being any lumps in the batter.
Then pour in your plant based milk and oil, whisking vigorously again ensuring there’s no lumps.
[TIP] Make sure your milk is at room temperature before adding to the batter to prevent any lumps of flour pockets forming.
Pour approx 1/3 cup of the batter onto a greased pan and cook for 3-4 mins on the first side and then a further minute on the second.
Once you’ve cooked up all the batter into crepes its time to make the..
Vegan Mascarpone Inspired Chantilly Cream
As a traditional tiramisu is composed of lady fingers dipped in coffee and smothered in mascarpone filling I had to create a vegan alternative for these crepes.
So for these crepes I developed a vegan mascarpone cream. You’ll need to whip up some vegan double cream and icing sugar until a soft peak.[This is your Chantilly cream] Then add the vegan cream cheese and whisk again until it reaches a slightly thicker consistency.
We will be brushing on brewed coffee onto each crepe layer to infuse the coffee flavour into the crepes. Then you want to layer on the mascarpone inspired filling. And keep doing this until you reach the last crepe. Please make sure to keep the last crepe bare as we will be spreading the vegan ganache on top.
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
Ganache is a fancy term for double cream and chocolate combined. To make it you simply need to heat equal parts of vegan chocolate and cream in a microwave for 30sec intervals until melted. Stir, until it becomes thick and glossy.
Perfect, now it’s time to spread it across the top of the last crepe. You can go a little crazy with the top if you like, make the ganache drip down the sides, sprinkle with some chocolate shavings to create a boarder, or go simple like what I did.
With the back of a spoon or pallet knife slightly press down on the ganache as you create a swirl around. To create a rustic neat finish.
All thats left is to slice and enjoy!
You’ve just made a vegan and gluten free crepe cake!
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you make this Vegan Tiramisu Crepe Cake. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
How long can crepe cake last?
This crepe cakes can last up to 5 days if properly plastic wrapped. You can also pop it in the freezer to keep it more fresh 🙂
Whats in the recipe for crepe cake
The recipe for vegan crepes
Vegan Tiramisu Crepe Cake
- 530 g Plant based milk
- 180 g Flour
- 50 g Tigernut Flour
- 30 ml Olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 20 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vegan butter/oil
- 100 ml Brewed coffee
- 100 g Vegan Double Cream
- 50 g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 80 g Icing Sugar
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- 60 g Vegan Chocolate
- 60 g Vegan Double Cream
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Whisk for a few seconds to remove any big lumps.180 g Flour, 20 g Sugar, 50 g Tigernut Flour
- Add the oil, and milk and whisk.30 ml Olive oil, 530 g Plant based milk
- Heat approx a tsp of vegan butter/oil on a pan, swivel it around the pan – making sure it's completely greased.1 tsp Vegan butter/oil
- Pour some of the batter onto the pan, then tip and rotate it to spread the batter as thinly as possible across the surface of the pan.
- Continue until you have finished all the batter.
- As the crepes cool whip the vegan cream and icing sugar until loose peaks, then add the vegan cream cheese and whisk for a further 2 mins until stiff peaks.100 g Vegan Double Cream, 80 g Icing Sugar, 50 g Vegan Cream Cheese
- Once the crepes have cooled begin layering the crepes, but alternatively brushing on the brewed coffee onto the crepe then spreading a dollop of the vegan cream filling.100 ml Brewed coffee
- Do this altenatvily until you reach the last crepe. Making sure to leave the last crepe bare as we will be topping it with our vegan ganache.
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- To make the ganache, heat the chocolate and cream together in the microwave. Once mixed, it should become thick and glossy.60 g Vegan Chocolate, 60 g Vegan Double Cream
- Spread this over the top of the last crepe and with the end of an of-set spatula or spoon spread the ganache across the top to make a swirl.
- Then slice and enjoy!
What do you think of this recipe for crepe cake?
If you need some more advice on how to make this or have any suggestions perhaps a crepe cake Nutella flavour? Or if you have a favourite dessert you want to see, leave me a comment below 🙂
Happy baking, you beautiful human.
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.