Over 6000 people search for “recipe for chocolate truffles easy” every month. So I’ve created this post as a complete guide for you.
You’re not going to believe how easy these caramel filled chocolates are to make! Once we delve in how to temper and correctly coat a chocolate mold you’ll be able to easily customize any chocolate filling you want.
Expert Tips for this recipe for chocolate truffles
Although the recipe for these chocolate truffles homemade is super simple, here are just a few expert tips i’d recommend:
- Make sure you’re using a candy thermometer to check you’ve reached the correct temperature for tempering; this will ensure your truffles have a glossy/shiny exterior.
- If you’ve found your coconut sugar has made the chocolate quite grainy when melted, place it in a food processor/blender for 2 mins to smooth it out before pouring it into the molds.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Ingredients list for this truffles recipe chocolate
For this you’ll need;
- Cocoa butter
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut sugar (powder)
[AD] Or you can use Raw Choco Box, an organic additive and sugar free chocolate making kit that’s completely vegan and gluten free!
The kit includes:
- Freeze-dried berries
- Walnuts nuts
- Almond Flakes
- Silicone spatula – 1 pc.
- Food thermometer – 1 pc.
- 2 Silicone molds
- 1 Heart silicone mold
- Instructions for cooking
As well as the ingredients above.
How are truffles prepared. Step by step instructions
To make these truffles, simply combine the coconut sugar, raw cocoa powder and cocoa butter in a mixing bowl. I also like to add half a teaspoon of lucuma since it adds a delicate caramel flavor and sweetness to the chocolate.
This is then heated in a double boiler until it begins to melt. Pour everything into the blender and mix away! This will get rid of that grainy texture from the coconut sugar. The only thing left to do is temper it.
How to temper vegan chocolate
For this you’ll need to remove the bowl from the heat as soon as the coco butter begins to melt and continue to stir until the temperature reaches 83°F (28°C). Then, over a double boiler, gradually reheat until it reaches 87°F (31°C). Your chocolate is now tempered and ready to coat bars or pour into a chocolate mold to make chocolate truffles.
How to make filled chocolate candies
In order to make filled chocolates we first have to coat the mold. To do this simply fill the mold as you would if you were just making chocolate – so fill them to the top.
Then grab yourself a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. And tip the chocolate mold upside down onto the tray whilst holding it to pour out the excess chocolate. Once all the excess is removed you’ll find the mold is now coated in the chocolate.
You can now fill it with anything you like, I chose caramel. Once it’s filled all that’s left is to seal it. For this simply pour more chocolate over the mold and then with an offset spatula scrape of the excess.
Follow the video below for the visuals.
The recipe for the easy vegan caramel sauce
The baking tray with greaseproof paper/ baking parchment allows you to catch the excess chocolate and use it again.
Ganache for truffles recipe
If you wanted to fill your truffles with ganache instead, simply heat together equal parts of double cream – vegan or not – with chocolate. If you find your ganache is runny then refrigerate for 10-15 mins until it thickens before pouring it into the mold. Then seal and chill as above.
How to make chocolate truffles with nuts ?
If you’d like to fill your chocolate with nuts you may need to chop them small before using it to fill your chocolate or you can use a larger mold. Then just seal the chocolate with the remaining chocolate and there you have it a chocolate truffle with nuts.
Chocolate truffle ideas?
A few delicious truffle flavors you can try could be ones filled with:
- White chocolate ganache
- Blueberry jam
- Reese’s filling – peanut butter and icing sugar
Where to store the chocolate truffles ?
These chocolates can be left at room temperature in a sealed container for 2-3 weeks or 2-3months if stored in the fridge.
Leave a review below if you followed this recipe for chocolate truffles easy. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Caramel chocolate truffles recipe :
- Chocolate mould
- Candy thermometer
- Heat proof bowl
- 100 g Coconut Sugar
- 250 g Coco Butter
- 40 g Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Lucima Powder
- Caramel Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a clean heat proof bowl and place a pan filled with boiling water. The pan shouldn't be filled to the top – it should be filled just slightly that it doesn't touch the bowl when its placed on top.100 g Coconut Sugar, 250 g Coco Butter, 40 g Cocoa Powder, ½ tsp Lucima Powder
- Heat over low-medium heat and stir regularly until it begins to melt – we just want to melt the cocoa butter, it should reach a temperature of 107°F (42°C) but not higher
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan, but keep the saucepan on the heat (as we will need it to reheat the chocolate later). Transfer the mixture to the blender. To remove the graininess from the coconut sugar.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and keep stirring using a spatula until the chocolate comes to a temperature of 82°F (28°C).
- Once it has cooled down to that temperature, its time to reheat the chocolate by placing the mixing bowl on top of the double boiler. Keep stirring until the chocolate reaches 87°F (31°C). As soon as it has reached this temperature, remove from heat.
- Simply fill the mould as you would if you were just making chocolate – so fill them to the top.
- Then grab yourself a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. And tip the chocolate mold upside onto the tray whilst holding it to pour out the excess chocolate. Once all the excess is removed you’ll find the mold is now coated in the chocolate.
- You can now fill it with anything you like, I chose caramel. Once it’s filled all that's left is to seal it. For this simply pour more chocolate over the mold and then with an offset spatula scrape of the excess.Caramel Sauce
- Let it cool at room temp for 3hours of refrigerate for 1-2hrs.
- Its finally time to enjoy!
Please leave me a star review below 🙂
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.