This is the easiest recipe for blueberry jam. And can be topped on top of toast or mixed into your favorite desserts.
This no pectin blueberry jam recipe just requires 3 staple ingredients and water (if you can call that an ingredient) and less than 15mins of your time!
Why you’ll love this simple recipe
- It’s completely vegan and gluten free
- It’s healthy, packed with nutrients and antioxidants
- Quick - it takes just 10 minutes to put together
Expert Baking Tips For This Blueberry Jam No Pectin Recipe
Although making blueberry jam is super simple here are just a few expert tips i'd recommend:
- If you would like you jam without any blueberry skin/chunks then simply sieve the jam when it’s warm over the jar you want to keep it in.
- If you don’t have any syrup, honey will work as an excellent substitute.
Ingredients for blueberry jam
Here is everything I used for this jam:
Blueberries - I used fresh, but you can also use frozen just don't add the water.
Cornflour - Helps thicken the jam without adding any flavour
Maple syrup - To add sweetness but you can also use honey or golden syrup.
The Blueberry Jam Sugar Free Recipe
How do you make blueberry jam
To make the jam you want to begin by adding all the ingredients into your pan and heat on medium/high heat for 5 mins. Whilst stirring consistently.
After 5 mins you should begin to notice that it is starting to thicken. Then remove from the heat and transfer to your jar. Set in the fridge or at room temperature for 15 mins before enjoying on a slice of toast or mixed into your faviroute dessert.
Can you make this blueberry jam with lime ?
My favorite vegan chocolate I'd recommend for this mousse is NOMO chocolate or conscious chocolate plain. However, you can also opt for flavored vegan chocolates to customize your mousse.
If you don’t want to make this vegan I’d recommend dark chocolate so its not overly sweet.
How to make blueberry jam with frozen blueberries ?
Yes, these are completely vegan and gluten free. And does not requiring any cooking or baking and therefore, is also Paleo friendly too!
Recipes with blueberry jam in them ?
Here are few delicious recipes with blueberry jam in them:
- Blueberry buttercream with blueberry jam
- A blueberry jam layer cake
- blueberry jam cake filling
Storing and freezing
This jam can last up to 6months and must be stored in the refrigerator. But can also be frozen for up to a year in a thick, sturdy glass jar or rigid, freezer-safe plastic containers.
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you followed this blueberry jam no pectin recipe. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Recipe for blueberry jam :
- 500 g Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 50 ml Water
- Transfer all ingredeints to a pan and heat on medium/high heat for 5 mins. Whilst stirring consistently.500 g Blueberries, 1 tablespoon Cornflour, 2 tablespoon Maple syrup, 50 ml Water
- After 5 mins you should begin to notice that it is starting to thicken. Then remove from the heat and transfer to your jar allow to cool for around 15mins before enjoying on a slice of toast or mixed into your favourite desserts.
Please leave me a star review below!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.