These no bake twix bars are so simple to make and make the perfect on the go snack.
If you’re on the look for a fudgy sweet chocolate snack to crave that sweet tooth than these homemade vegan twix bars are exactly what you need.
This recipe for homemade twix bars requires just 6 ingredients and come together in just 10 minutes!
Expert Baking Tips for making this easy homemade twix bar recipe
Although this recipe for no bake vegan twix is super easy, here are just a few expert tips i'd recommend:
- If you have tough/hard dates. Soak them overnight or for at least 4hrs in water will make it easier to blend.
- If you wanted to make these no bake healthy twix bars - refined sugar free follow my date caramel recipe here. To use in place of the chewy caramel we used for this recipe and it'll still taste delicious!
- If you would like this no bake twix dessert to be completely nut free, you can use tigernut flour in place of the almond flour.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
No bake vegan twix bars - Ingredients
Here's everything I used to make this easy homemade twix bar recipe:
- Caster Sugar - This is just a very refined sugar. If you can’t find it refined granulated sugar will work well here too, thi was used for the caramel.
- Vegan butter - this can be block butter or spreadable butter, this was used for the caramel.
- Almond plain flour - If you wanted to make this nut free. Tigernnut flour or gluten free plain flour would work well here.
- Dates - This will add sweetness and bind all the ingredients together and help create a chewy cookie dough base.
Non Vegan alternative.
If you didn't want to make these homemade twix bars gluten free and vegan, simply substitute the vegan butter for regular block butter or margarine. And the plant based chocolate for normal milk/dark chocolate.
Recipe for twix bars
How to make twix at home - Step by step instructions
How many calories in twix ?
In an original twix bar it includes 502 Calories, however these homemade twix gluten free bars contain just 200 calories
How can I make a healthier refined sugar free caramel ?
If you’d prefer to make these bars completely refined sugar free then follow the date caramel recipe from here.
Storing and freezing
How long do homemade twix bars keep?
At room temperature in a sealed container these bars will last up to 5 days. In the fridge in a sealed container for 8 days and freeze for up to 4 months in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you made these no bake twix bars. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
How to make no bake twix bars
- loaf tin
- 80 g Vegan Caramel
- 130 g Dates
- 100 g Almond Flour (Refer to notes)
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 100 g Vegan chocolate
- 30 ml Plant based double cream
- Begin by blending together your dates, water and flour together in a food processor until it comes together like a dough.130 g Dates, 100 g Almond Flour, 1 tablespoon Water
- Pop the date dough onto a life tin lines with grease proof paper, and spread it evenly across the tin.
- Pour the vegan caramel over the date layer and set aside while you make the vegan ganache.80 g Vegan Caramel
- For the ganache heat your cream and chocolate for 30 sec intervals in the microwave until smooth.100 g Vegan chocolate, 30 ml Plant based double cream
- Pour the ganache over the caramel layer and set in the fridge for 20-30 mins
- Once set slice into rectangular bars and enjoy!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.