This post will go through exactly how to make this simple no bake pecan tart in just 7 easy steps.
You cannot go wrong with chocolate and nuts. The ultimate combination and the perfect spring/summer dessert.
This is the perfect tart for parties and events. Vegan or not, this tart is a fan favorite among many friends and family. It is just SO smooth and delicious!
Why you’ll love this no bake pecan tart
- It’s completely vegan and gluten free
- It’s no bake, therefore no need to put your oven on
- Perfect to make a head of time
Expert Baking Tips for this easy chocolate tart no bake
Although the recipe for this simple vegan chocolate tart is super easy, here are just a few expert tips i'd recommend:
- Ensure your dates are relatively soft before blending, if your dates are tough soak them in water for around ½ hr then drain and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- For this tart I used Nooj Almond paste but Nooj cashew paste will also work well here.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Ingredients list for this no bake pecan tart recipe
For this tart you will need:
- Caster Sugar - This is just a very refined sugar if you can’t find it refined granulated sugar will work well here too.
- Dates - If you find that your dates are quite tuff, soak them in water in ½ hour to soften them before blending with the other ingredients.
- Vegan cream cheese - This will help create that smooth creamy texture to the tart.
- Cornflour - This will act as a stabilizer so the tart holds its shape when sliced.
Almond paste is a game changer for any no-bake tart.
Raw vegan chocolate tart recipe
How to make pecan tart. Step by step instructions for the best gluten free tart crust
For this easy vegan tart crust you just simply need to blend together the pitted dates, cocoa powder, water and pecans. Until it comes together like a dough. Then press the dough into a prepared tart tin that has been greased and dusted with cocoa powder. [This will help prevent it from sticking to the pan]
The vegan chocolate tart filling
To make the filling for this pecan tart pie you just need to mix together all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Pour the filling onto the tart base and set in the fridge while you make the vegan ganache. For this simply heat together your vegan chocolate and double cream for 30 sec intervals in the microwave until thick and glossy.
Pour this over the tart evenly making sure its level. Finally set the tart in the fridge for 6hrs/overnight or 2hrs in the freezer.
Slice and enjoy!
If you don't want to make this tart vegan simply substitute the vegan cream cheese for normal cream cheese and the vegan chocolate for regular dark chocolate.
FAQ’s for this chocolate pecan pie tart
Can I freeze a no-bake tart ?
Yes you can, this tart can last up to 2 weeks in the freezer. But you must remember to cover the tart in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in cling film/plastic wrap.
Can you use this recipe to make chocolate pecan pie tartlets ?
Yes, absolutely, this recipe will fit 3 pecan tart mini tartlets.
How to thaw frozen tart shells / how to defrost frozen tarts ?
- Remove the tart from the freezer.
- Place in the fridge and allow the tart to thaw overnight (6-8 hours), leaving pie wrapped.
- Alternatively, you can set the tart out to thaw on the counter at room temp for 3-5 hours.
- Unwrap the tart from cling film/plastic wrap and it is now ready to be enjoyed again.
Storing and freezing
How long does tart last for ?
Tarts can last 3-5 days when stored in the refrigerator. But it can last up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
More vegan tart recipes
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you made this no bake pecan tart. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Recipe for vegan chocolate no bake pecan tart :
- Tart tin
- Blender/Food processor
- 220 g Pecans
- 120 g Dates
- 15 g Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoon Water
- 200 g Almond Paste (Nooj)
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 100 g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 100 g Sugar
- 20 g Coco Powder (Smooth)
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- 100 g Vegan Chocolate
- 100 ml Plant Based Double Cream
- Blend all the base ingredients together in a food processor until it comes together.220 g Pecans, 120 g Dates, 15 g Cocoa Powder, 3 tablespoon Water
- Press into a greased tart tin and set aside while you make the mousse filling
- Mix all the mousse ingredients until smooth.200 g Almond Paste (Nooj), 1 tablespoon Cornflour, 100 g Vegan Cream Cheese, 100 g Sugar, 20 g Coco Powder
- Pour the mousse filling onto of the base and set in the freezer while you make the vegan ganache
- For the chocolate ganache heat the vegan chocolate and cream together for 30second intervals until it's thick and glossy.100 g Vegan Chocolate, 100 ml Plant Based Double Cream
- Pour onto the tart and chill in the freezer for 1 -2 hrs. The tart should be firm and hold it's shape.
- Once set decorate with hazelnuts and pecans alternatively around the tart to create a boarder.Hazelnuts, Pecans
- Slice and enjoy!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.