Mint and caramel, scared to try the combination? Don’t be, this mint chocolate loaf cake is lightly drizzled with a caramel sauce.
A combination you never knew you needed.
Decadent and refreshing, the mint truly elevates the cake.
The sponge is incredibly light and fluffy too and pairs so well with the mint chocolate buttercream.
What’s best is that this vegan chocolate mint cake just requires 10 ingredients and approx 10 minutes to prepare. Making it the perfect quick dessert to whip up to make for guests when short for time.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
How to make this vegan mint chocolate cake recipe…
Start by combining your apple sauce, vegan chocolate spread, mint extract and water to a bowl.
Then add in your dry ingredients – Gluten Free flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. And mix until fully incorporated.
Finally melt some vegan chocolate for 30 sec intervals and pour into batter, mix and transfer to the loaf tin.
Bake for 45 mins. Once baked the cake should be springy to the touch or a skewer should be clean once inserted.
As the cake cools, begin making the buttercream.
The vegan chocolate buttercream
For the mint chocolate frosting, beat the vegan butter and icing sugar until fluffy then add the melted mint chocolate.
Once the cake has cooled, spread the buttercream over the top of the cake and dollop on more melted chocolate randomly across the cake.
Using a butter knife, swirl the melted chocolate into the buttercream. And if you want to be a little fancy, drizzle your slice with some vegan caramel!
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you make this mint chocolate loaf cake. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Easy Chocolate Mint Loaf Cake (and it’s vegan!)
- loaf tin
- mixing bowl
- 280 g Apple Sauce
- 180 g Vegan Chocolate Spread
- 80 g Icing Sugar
- 130 g Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Mint Extract
- 3 tbsp Water
- 50 g Vegan Chocolate
- 50 g Vegan Butter
- 80 g Icing Sugar
- 50 g Mint Chocolate
- Vegan Caramel (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and prepare your loaf tin.[Refer to notes]
- Mix together the wet ingredients into a mixing bowl.280 g Apple Sauce, 180 g Vegan Chocolate Spread, 1/4 tsp Mint Extract, 3 tbsp Water
- Once combined, mix in the dry ingredients.80 g Icing Sugar, 130 g Gluten Free Flour, 1 tsp Xanthan Gum, 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Melt the vegan chocolate and pour into cake mix. Whisk until combined, being careful not to over mix50 g Vegan Chocolate
- Transfer to a prepared loaf tin and bake for 45mins. Once baked the cake should be springy to the touch or a skewer should be clean once inserted.
- As the cake cool, begin making the buttercream. To do this, beat the vegan butter and icing sugar until fluffy then add the melted mint chocolate.50 g Vegan Butter, 80 g Icing Sugar, 50 g Vegan Chocolate
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the buttercream over the top of the cake and dollop on more melted chocolate randomly across the cake.Vegan Caramel, 50 g Mint Chocolate
- Using a butter knife swirl the melted chocolate into the buttercream.
- Slice and enjoy with a drizzle of caramel.
What did you think of this chocolate mint cake?
If you’re not a huge fan of mint you can always reduce the amount of mint you add or take it off the recipe completely. For a simple chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.