These mini vegan blueberry donuts are the cutest, softest mini vegan donuts you'll ever taste!
A soft spongy donut ring with juicy fresh blueberries scattered evenly around each donut to create a beautiful confection.
The recipe is exactly the same as my Super Simple Gluten Free Blueberry and Peach Cake, but here, I've scrapped the peach [as they'd make our donuts a little too juicy] and scaled down the quantity of ingredients. To make the perfect mini vegan and gluten free Blueberry donuts.
Things to note about the recipe
Like a lot of my gluten free cake recipes such as my Strawberry and Chocolate chip banana bread this recipe also includes Xanthan gum. This ingredient is quite vital in gluten free bakes to prevent then from being crumbly. As it acts as a stabiliser, in the same way gluten does in normal plain/self-raising flour.
For this recipe I have also used tinned peaches ‘in juice’. This is important to note when making your own, that you don’t purchase peaches ‘in syrup’. As this means your peaches have just been stored in sugar.
So the nutritional benefits of the peach’s in your cake, has gone out the window. As your peaches will no longer have the same benefits/nutrients. As it has now nearly all sugar from the syrup its absorbed.
Instead opt for peaches stored in the juice of the peach or peel a fresh peach and slice them yourself!
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Mini Vegan Blueberry Donuts
- Donut waffle iron or donut tin
- ½ cup Rapseed oil
- ½ cup Fructose Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- ⅓ cup Yogurt (dairy free)
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 80 ml Plant based milk
- 2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¾ cup Blueberries
- Make the batter by combining the oil, fructose sugar, yogurt and honey to a bowl and mix.½ cup Rapseed oil, ½ cup Fructose Sugar, ¼ cup Honey, ⅓ cup Yogurt
- Then add the gluten free flour and xanthin gum and mix gently.1 ¼ cup Gluten Free Flour, 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- You can then add the milk, apple cider vinegar and blueberries, being careful not to over mix.80 ml Plant based milk, 2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar, ¾ cup Blueberries
- Then transfer batter to donut waffle iron or donut tin [Refer to notes]
- Bake for 5-10 mins or until slightly golden brown
As always, I’m really excited to hear your thoughts on this bake. And if you have any questions at all leave me a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can x
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.