This gluten-free vegan brownie recipe is part of my tiger-nut flour recipes series. This post will go through exactly how to make these tigernut brownies perfect every time.
Why you’ll love this cake
- It’s completely vegan, gluten and nut free
- It’s a one bowl recipe
- Takes less than 1hr to put together.
- It’s so easy and simple to make
Expert Baking Tips
Although this recipe for these homemade eggless brownies is super simple a few expert tips i'd recommend are:
- For aquafaba you can pick this from nearly every supermarket now. However, if you can’t find it, aquafaba is essentially chickpea juice.
- So to get the chickpea juice/aquafaba simply drain the chickpeas over a bowl and use that juice whip in a clean bowl using an electric whisk/stand mixer.
- And watch as it transforms into meringue
- Brownies tend to stick to your tins so it’s really important to grease it properly. What really works for me is greasing the tin with vegan butter and then dusting the sides and button of the tin in cocoa powder. And the cake always just slips out.
- I like to use caster sugar in my cakes which is just a very refined sugar. So if you can't find caster sugar I’d recommend using very refined granulated sugar.
Ingredients list for this gluten-free vegan brownie recipe
For this vegan brownie torte I used Strp’d tigernut flour [AD]. What’s great about this flour is that it’s gluten free, nut free and full of fiber!
This flour tends to soak a lot of the moisture from any batter, which is perfect for fudgy bakes. And perfect for this gluten-free vegan brownie recipe.
How to make gluten free brownies. Step by step instructions
To make this brownie torte you want to start by wiping your aquafaba and sugar until it doubles in size and becomes pale and fluffy.
Then sift in your gluten free flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder and xanthan gum. Once combined, heat some vegan chocolate and butter together separately, add pour that into the batter mix.
Chop some vegan chocolate, and add that in to the the batter and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix it and pour it into a round cake tin and dollop some caramel across the top and swivel it into the batter.
The recipe for the easy vegan caramel sauce
Bake for 35-40 mins. Once baked, slice and drizzle with some melted vegan chocolate/caramel or vegan ice cream. Enjoy!
If you don't want to make these brownies vegan simply substitute the vegan chocolate for normal milk/dark chocolate. For the vegan butter you can substitute it for margarine or normal block butter - at room temperature for the frosting.
How long to bake at 375 Fahrenheit ?
At 375 F / 190 c bake these for 30-35mins
What temperature do you cook brownies at ?
I would recommend baking these brownies at 180 c / 356 F for 35-40 mins
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Storing and freezing
How to.store brownies ?
To keep these eggless brownies fresh and fudgy, store it in a sealed airtight container.
Where to store brownies ?
These brownies will need to be stored at room temperature in order to maintain its fudgy texture.
Here is some recipes for eggless brownies:
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you made this homemade eggless brownies. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Gluten-free vegan brownie recipe :
The absolute best vegan gluten free brownies
- Round cake tin
- Electric whisk/stand mixer
- 120 ml Aquafaba
- 200 g Sugar
- 150 g Vegan Chocolate
- 110 g Vegan Butter
- 100 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 50 g TigerNut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 40 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Espresso Powder
- 70 g Vegan Chocolate Chopped
- Vegan Caramel (Refer to notes)
- Prepare your round baking pan and preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C)
- Add the aquafaba and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric handheld mixer or a stand mixer on high speed and beat the mixture for 3 minutes until thickened, glossy, and wavy ribbons frequently appear in the bowl.120 ml Aquafaba, 200 g Sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and add to the whipped aquafaba.100 g Gluten Free Plain Flour, 50 g TigerNut Flour, 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum, 1 teaspoon Espresso Powder, 40 g Cocoa Powder
- Heat the vegan chocolate and butter together in 30sec intervals. Then pour over the aquafaba mixture and fold together with a spatula.150 g Vegan Chocolate, 110 g Vegan Butter
- Fold in the chocolate chunks. Pour the batter into the pan and dollop some vegan caramel across the top and swivel it into the batter using a knife/skewer70 g Vegan Chocolate Chopped, Vegan Caramel
- Bake the brownies for 35-40 mins or until a skewer comes out in moist crumbs. If however, the batter is slightly runny continue baking for a further 5-10 min.
- Once baked allow the brownies to cool in it's pan for 30mins. The slice and enjoy!
Please leave me a star review below!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.