This gluten free blueberry cheesecake recipe is a combination of blueberry cheesecake and a streusel. The perfect comfort dessert, to enjoy all year round.
This no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe is composed of classic cheesecake base made vegan and gluten free. Layered upon a smooth, creamy cashew and cream cheese filling with blueberries scattered throughout and finally sprinkled with a super easy 3 ingredient crumble!
If you’re looking for more cheesecake recipes to add to your baking list check out my No Bake Cheesecake With Strawberries and Super Simple No bake Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
Expert Baking Tips for this gluten free blueberry cheesecake recipe
Although the recipe for this blueberry streusel cheesecake recipe is super easy, here are just a few expert tips i’d recommend:
- Blend your biscuit base until it reaches a wet sand like texture this will ensure the base holds shape and doesn’t crumble when sliced.
- For this vegan blueberry cheesecake no-bake recipe I used Nooj cashew paste but Nooj almond paste will also work well here.
- To add some extra crunch to your crumble top, save some of your biscuit base and add it to your crumble.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Ingredients list for the gluten free blueberry cheesecake recipe
Gluten free blueberry cheesecake recipe ingredients:
- Vegan butter- You can use either vegan block butter or margarine.
- Vegan cream cheese cheese – Essential for any cheesecake
- Caster sugar – This is a very refined sugar, refined granulated sugar also works well here.
- Gluten free plain flour – Be careful not to use self raising flour here as we dont want the crumble to raise/be cakey.
- Cashew paste – I used Nooj cashew paste you just simply need to squeeze it into the rest of the ingredients.
I only work with brands that I truly support and I am so happy to be working with them. These pouches are a total game changer. Best of all you can now get your own in Sainsburys!
Non Vegan alternative.
If you didn’t want to make this vegan simply substitute the vegan cream cheese for regular cream cheese and vegan butter for normal block butter/margarine.
Recipe for blueberry cheesecake crumb cake
Step by step instructions for gluten free blueberry cheesecake recipe
- Begin by blending the biscuits in a food processor until it reaches a fine crumb then add the melted vegan butter and blend again until it reaches a wet sand like consistency.
- Transfer 3/4 of the base crumb to your prepared cake tin and flatten it out with a spatula or bottom of a flat dish. [the rest of the base crumb will be used on the crumble topping]
- Set aside while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Add all the cheesecake filling ingredients together in one bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Then fold in the blueberries and pour on top of the cheesecake base.
- For the crumble rub the butter sugar and flour together between your fingertips until it reach a crumb consistency of big and small clumps.
- Add the leftover biscuit base to the crumble mixture and sprinkle it over the cheesecake.
- Bake in th oven for 25-35 mins – it shouldn’t wobble when baked and should be golden brown on top.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for a further hour so it’s completely set, then slice and enjoy!
Can you freeze cooked cheesecake ?
Allow your cheesecake to cool down before freezing. You’ll need to freeze this cheesecake for just 1/2hr before serving.
How to freeze baked cheesecake?
If you’d like to keep your cheesecake for a couple of days/weeks make sure you wrap the cheesecake in at least 3 layers of clingfilm.
Storing and freezing
Freezing a baked cheesecake – how long does it last ?
You can freeze your cheesecake for up to 2 months just make sure it is properly covered,
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you followed this gluten free blueberry cheesecake recipe. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
The gluten free blueberry cheesecake recipe
Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake
- 6 inch loose bottom cake tin
- mixing bowl
No Bake Base
- 160 g Plain Vegan Biscuits
- 45 g Vegan Butter
No bake cheesecake filling with blueberries
- 200 g Vegan Cream cheese
- 250 g Nooj Cashew Paste [refer to notes]
- 120 g Caster sugar
- 20 g Cornflour
- 150 g Blueberries [fresh/frozen]
- 80 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 40 g Vegan Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Begin by blend the biscuits in a food processor until it reaches a fine crumb then add the melted vegan butter and blend again until it reaches a wet sand like consistency.160 g Plain Vegan Biscuits, 45 g Vegan Butter
- Transfer 3/4 of the base crumb to your prepared cake tin and flatten with a spatula or bottom of a flat dish. [the rest of the base crumb will be used on the crumble topping]
- Set aside while the cheesecake filling.
- Add all the cheesecake filling ingredients together in one bowl and whisk until smooth.200 g Vegan Cream cheese, 250 g Nooj Cashew Paste, 120 g Caster sugar, 20 g Cornflour
- Then fold in the blueberries and pour on top of the cheesecake base.150 g Blueberries
- For the crumble rub the butter sugar and flour together between your fingertips until it reach a crumb consistency of big and small clumps.80 g Gluten Free Plain Flour, 40 g Vegan Butter, 2 tbsp Sugar
- Add the leftover biscuit base to the crumble mire and sprinkle it over the cheesecake.
- Bake in th oven for 25-35 mins – it shouldn't wobble when baked and should be golden brown on top.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for a further hour so it's completely set, then slice and enjoy!
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.