Here’s the ultimate vegan cream cheese frosting for carrot cake, gingerbread cakes and pretty much all spiced cakes. This 3 ingredient cream cheese frosting is perfect!
- Easy vegan cream cheese buttercream
- Easy vegan cream cheese icing
- Vegan cream cheese frosting no butter
- How to make vegan cream cheese frosting
- Vegan cream cheese frosting without cream cheese
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
How to make dairy free cream cheese frosting
Simply begin by creaming together the vegan blocked butter and cream cheese for 5 mins using an electric whisk, until pale and fluffy. Then sift in ½ the icing sugar, and beat until smooth and then the rest of the icing sugar.
This prevents the icing sugar exploding out of the bowl as you whisk it. Whisk for a further 5mins on high speed until pale and fluffy.
[It’s important you use blocked vegan butter as it’s more stable and has less moisture so helps to create that thick spreadable frosting like tradition cream cheese icing]
- Vegan lemon cream cheese frosting
- Dairy free cream cheese icing for molasses cake
- Vegan cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing
- Dairy free cream cheese frosting for gingerbread cake
What is carrot cake icing made of?
Carrot cake icing is cream cheese frosting and the ingredients are..
3 Ingredient vegan cream cheese frosting
- electric whisk
- 110 g Vegan butter (Block)
- 60 g Vegan cream cheese
- 300 g Icing sugar (Sifted)
- Simply begin by creaming together the vegan butter and cream cheese for 5 mins using an electric whisk, until pale and fluffy. Then sift in ½ the icing sugar, and beat until smooth and then the rest of the icing sugar.110 g Vegan butter, 60 g Vegan cream cheese, 300 g Icing sugar
- This prevents the icing sugar exploding out of the bowl as you whisk it. Whisk for a further 5mins on high speed until pale and fluffy.300 g Icing sugar
Wondering what frosting is best for carrot cake?
This is by far the best vegan cream cheese icing recipe, it’s super smooth and hold’s it shape. Unlike other cream cheese icing recipes that are quite runny/less stable. This recipe is perfect for piping and layering between cakes.
Or if you don’t want it this stable simply place in the microwave for 15 second to get a slightly runny consistency as I have done for my gingerbread cake.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this vegan frosting recipe. Did it turn out as you expected?
Let me know in the comments.
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.