These cherry and almond bakewell cookies are so soft, light and fresh. The flavors of sweet nutty almonds are balanced with the freshness of the cherries and the texture is crisp on the outside and soft and cake-like in the center.
Best of all, to make these vegan cherry bakewell cookies you just need to follow this super simple 10 minute recipe.
- How to make gluten free almond cookies chewy
- How to make soft vegan cookies
- Low carb vegan almond cookies
- Best bakewell cookies vegan
- Soft baked vegan cookies
- Vegan gluten free almond cookies
Then you’re in the right place. This recipe covers all of that.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Vegan cherry bakewell recipe
To make these soft vegan gluten free cookies begin by,
Roll the vegan almond cookie dough into medium sized balls and bake for 15 mins until slightly crisp around the sides and soft in the center.
Let the cookies cool down for 5-10mins before devouring.
How to make vegan cookies without eggs
Eggs traditionally help bind the cookie batter and give cookies that soft chewy consistency. But as this is a vegan recipe, It’ll need an ingredient that works in the same way to create these features in our cookies.
I’ve found that applesauce and molasses are the perfect substitutes.
The applesauce helps to add moisture and freshness to the cookies which is what also helps to create that soft texture.
And the molasses helps to bind and create the chewiness.
If you don’t follow a vegan or celiac lifestyle but still want to make this recipe? Then follow these simple ingredient substitutes and it’ll work just as well.
- Vegan butter TO Normal dairy butter/margarine
- Gluten free flour TO Plain flour
- Xanthan gum TO Not needed – as the gluten in the plain flour is enough to give the cake stability.
- Baking tray
- 260 g Gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp Xanthun gum
- 120 g Caster sugar
- 80 g Soft brown sugar
- 100 g Vegan butter
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tbsp Plant based milk
- 60 g Frozen cherries
- 50 g Flaked almonds (and a handful to go on top)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and set aside.
- Start by creaming together the soft brown sugar, caster sugar and dairy free butter until pale and fluffy120 g Caster sugar, 80 g Soft brown sugar, 100 g Vegan butter
- Then add the molasses and milk, beat for 2 mins.1 tbsp Molasses, 1 tbsp Plant based milk
- Once combined add the gluten free flour, xanthan gum frozen cherries and flaked almonds, until combined – DON’T over mix.260 g Gluten free plain flour, 2 tsp Xanthun gum, 60 g Frozen cherries, 50 g Flaked almonds
- Refrigerate the gluten free cookie dough for at least 1/2hr or preferably overnight. This will allow the dough to enhance its flavors and stiffen and set making it easier to roll and spread more evenly in the oven.
- Roll into medium sized balls, placing 4/5 on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper (as they spread) and top with flaked almonds then bake for 10-15 mins.50 g Flaked almonds
- When done these gluten free cookies should be golden brown and slightly soft – it will gain its shape when cooled. Enjoy!
See above on tips on how to make my vegan cherry almond cookies
Let me know what you thought of these easy soft vegan cookies. Did you make any amendments to this gluten free bakewell cookies recipe?
Let me know in the comments.
These are by far the best soft vegan cookies.
If you have any recommendations on what sort of recipes you’d like to see. Perhaps, gluten free vegan almond cookies, gluten free raspberry cookies or even a healthy cookie recipe.
Leave all your recommendations in the comments.
And like always if you do follow any of my recipes please tag me on instagram, pinterest, tiktok or facebook. I’d really love to see your creations! I’ll also be featuring your posts on my instagram stories so do have a look 🙂
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.