Morning! I hate to say it, but after a week of non-stop baking, shooting, working, and very little sleep, I’m feeling a little under the weather. It probably doesn’t help that I’ve been eating tart for breakfast pretty much every day this week…Whoops.
So I’ve been craving something slightly more nutritious, but still tasty. And these healthy peanut butter banana protein balls are just what the doctor ordered.
And by doctor, I mean me.
These gluten free energy balls are packed with vegan dark chocolate chips, chopped blackberries and blueberries - to give your daily antioxidant kick to start your morning right.
Consider this your prescription to munch on some delicious banana and peanut butter energy bites.
How to make these peanut butter banana protein balls
For these blueberry protein balls simply begin by mashing the bananas until a puree like consistency. Then add the oats and smooth or crunchy peanut butter and mix until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips, blueberries and chopped blackberries.
Roll the banana oatmeal energy balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Top with a couple of extra vegan chocolate chips and bake for 10-12 mins until slightly firm.
Enjoy as your gluten free breakfast snack.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Why these vegan protein cookies are so great
- These blueberry protein balls are made in one bowl: AKA easy to make and easy to clean up.
- They are the perfect healthy breakfast cookies for toddlers. Make this the night before or in the morning. Package them to take with you outside for a trip or even add it to your child's lunch box as a filling energy snack.
- These are vegan energy balls no dates - which means no faff to find soft dates, soak them, pitte them, blend them. Instead just whiz up 5 staple ingredients and fold in some berries and there you have it!
- Can be easily made ahead of time: Perfect to bake the night before, store and have for breakfast or morning snack.
- They’re delicious AND healthy: A win-win! These basically taste like eating a peanut butter cookie, but are secretly packed full of nutrients and protein keeping you full all morning. Score!
So what are you waiting for, get baking - it’ll only take you 20mins to whip this up!
Did you make these low carb breakfast balls? Tag @WhiskMeFree on instagram so I can share your creations on my stories!
The easy peanut butter energy balls recipe
Super easy 5 ingredient protein balls
- Baking tray
- 135 g Rolled Oats
- 95 g Peanut Butter
- 150 g Banana (approx 2 small)
- 60 g Chocolate Chips (Vegan)
- Handful Blackberries and Blueberries
- Mash the bananas and add the oats and peanut butter and mix until combined.135 g Rolled Oats, 95 g Peanut Butter, 150 g Banana
- Fold in the chocolate chips, blueberries and chopped blackberries until combined.60 g Chocolate Chips, Handful Blackberries and Blueberries
- Roll into balls and place on a baking tray. Top with a couple of extra vegan chocolate chips and bake for 10-12 mins until slightly firm.
No bake banana protein balls coming soon.
Let me know what other easy breakfast snack recipes you’d like to see, leave it in the comments box 🙂
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.