“Blueberry dessert” is what over 14k people search on google for every year during Summer. And for good reason blueberry flavoured desserts are superior. And this tart is no exception. Its composed of a blueberry biscuit base, topped with a velvety smooth refreshing blueberry mousse filling and decorated with flowers. Making it the perfect tart for a celebration.
This blueberry dessert with cream cheese is a cross between tart and cheesecake. I also refer to this tart as my ‘blueberry mousse cheesecake’. The cream cheese adds stability and creaminess to the tart.
Making it a tart tin makes it perfect for parties and events. Vegan or not, this tart is a fan favorite among many friends and family. It is just SO smooth and delicious!
If you're looking to add more vegan tart/dessert recipes to your baking list, try No Bake Cheesecake With Strawberries or this Vegan Chocolate Mousse Tart
Why you’ll love this blueberry dessert tart
- It’s completely vegan and gluten free
- It’s no bake, therefore no need to put your oven on
- Perfect to make a head of time
Expert Baking Tips for this no bake blueberry mousse tart
Although the recipe for this simple vegan chocolate tart is super easy, here are just a few expert tips i'd recommend:
- Ensure your dates are relatively soft before blending, if your dates are tough soak them in water for around ½ hr then drain and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Cashew paste works really well here, it's essentially the same as using soaked cashews but the process is a lot faster. So I would highly recommend it. But if you cant get your hands on any make sure to soak your cashews overnight (around hrs) then drain and blend with the rest of the tart filling ingredients.
- Make sure to drain your tofu to remove any excess water, as any added extra liquid will ruin the consistency of the tart.
Master the art of baking GF, DF & Vegan
Baking Free From 101
Ingredients list for this blueberry dessert
For this tart you will need for this vegan blueberry mousse tart recipe:
- Caster Sugar - This is just a very refined sugar if you can’t find it refined granulated sugar will work well here too.
- Vegan biscuits - I used these blueberry biscuits for this tart. However, any other plain vegan and/gluten free biscuits will work well here too.
- Cashews - I use cashew paste which is essentially just blended cashews. However, if you can’t get a hold of any. You can also soak your cashews overnight/6hrs. Then drain and blend with the remaining tart ingredients.
- Vegan cream cheese - You can find this in nearly any grocery store now. Or from a whole foods shop or amazon pantry.
- Blueberry Jam - This is my super quick and easy 4 ingredinet recipe.
Step by step instructions for this vegan blueberry mousse recipe
Blueberry tart crust recipe
Begin by preparing your tart tin by greasing and lightly flouring its sides. Then make the tart base by blending the biscuits into a fine crumb.
Pour in your melted butter and blend again - it should be a sandlike texture. Pour into the prepared tart tin making sure to fill all the crevices.
Blueberry cheesecake mousse recipe
Mix all the filling ingredients into a bowl until smooth. If your using soaked cashews in place of cashew paste, make sure you have fully drained them before blending in a food processor with the rest of the mousse ingredients.
Transfer the mousse filling onto the biscuit layer and smooth it out so it's level. To achieve the spiral design on top you will need a cake turntable and offset spatula/butter knife/spoon. Starting from the outside work your way into the center of the tart by simultaneously spinning the turntable slowly and moving your chosen utensil around the tart.
Set in the fridge for ½ hr and decorate with flowers/blueberries or whatever you fancy or just enjoy it as it is.
If you don't want to make this cheesecake vegan simply substitute the vegan cream cheese for normal cream cheese.
Can i make this blueberry dessert without sugar ?
If you want this to be a refined sugar free tart, then you can substitute the sugar for coconut sugar or erythritol sugar. And for the blueberry jam, you can substitute the sugar for 2tbsp honey/maple syrup.
Is this a blueberry dessert without baking powder ?
Yes, you will not need any rasing agents in this tart as we will not be baking it. It is completely no-bake and paleo friendly.
Is this blueberry dessert without flour ?
Yes, the tart doesn't require any flour making it a gluten free blueberry dessert. [Just make sure if are intending it to be completely gluten free to use gluten free biscuits for the base]
Is this blueberry dessert without gelatin?
Yes, this tart is completely gelatin free. The cornflour in the tart acts as a stabilizer so there's no need for any gelatine.
Can I make this blueberry dessert with frozen blueberries ?
Yes, for the blueberry jam for this tart, you can use either frozen or fresh blueberries. However, if you use frozen blueberries you will need just 25ml/tbsp water instead.
Is this blueberry dessert dairy free ?
Yes this tart is completely dairy free and egg free [vegan]. As well as nut free, soy free and gluten free
How to thaw frozen tart shells / how to defrost frozen tarts ?
- Remove the tart from the freezer.
- Place in the fridge and allow the tart to thaw overnight (6-8 hours), leaving pie wrapped.
- Alternatively, you can set the tart out to thaw on the counter at room temp for 3-5 hours.
- Unwrap the tart from cling film/plastic wrap and it is now ready to be enjoyed again.
Storing and freezing
How long does tart last for ?
Tarts can last 3-5 days when stored in the refrigerator. But it can last up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
More vegan tart recipes
Make sure to tag me @whiskmefree on Instagram and leave a review below if you made this No-bake Blueberry Mousse Tart. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!
Best Blueberry Mousse Recipe :
Blueberry Mousse TartPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- Loose Bottom Tart Tin
- 200 g Vegan Gluten Free Biscuits
- 50 g Vegan Butter (melted)
Blueberry Mousse Filling
- 400 g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 350 g Cashew Paste (Refer to notes)
- 400 g Blueberry Jam
- 20 g Caster sugar (or another refined sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- Begin by preparing your tart tin by greasing and lightly flouring its sides. Then make the tart base by blending the biscuits into a fine crumb.200 g Vegan Gluten Free Biscuits
- Pour in your melted butter and blend again - it should be a sandlike texture. Pour into the prepared tart tin making sure to fill all the crevices.50 g Vegan Butter
Blueberry Mousse Filling
- Mix all the filling ingredients into a bowl until smooth. If your using soaked cashews in place of cashew paste, make sure you have fully drained them before blending in a food processor with the rest of the mousse ingredients.400 g Vegan Cream Cheese, 350 g Cashew Paste, 400 g Blueberry Jam, 20 g Caster sugar, 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- Transfer the mousse filling onto the biscuit layer and smooth it out so it's level. To achieve the spiral design on top you will need a cake turn table and offset spatula/butter knife/spoon. Starting from the outside work your way into the centre of the tart by simultaneously spinning the turntable slowly and moving your chosen untesile around the tart.
- Set in the fridge for ½ hr - 1 hr and decorate with flowers/blueberries or whatever you fancy or just enjoy it as it is.
- If you can’t get your hands on cashew paste, another alternative is to soak some cashews overnight/6hrs. Then drain them and blend it together with the other mousse ingredients.
- If you do choose to use flowers to decorate this tart, which aren't edible make sure to cover its stems in flower tape before decorating it.
Please leave me a star review below or share as it will help my blog grow so I can keep creating these recipes for you.
© Leena. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This look so good and love the topping and decoration o this one. I will save it to try it.
Thank you, would love to see your creation, tag me @whiskmefree on instagram/Facebook/tiktok I'd love to see it
Beautiful dessert! I'm making this for my new years centrepiece it was delicious the last time I made, thanks for the great recipe